title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conditional encoding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dooby
    • Aug 2015

Conditional encoding

I'm using DSP Conditional encoding with Batch Converter from dBpoweramp R16.

The action "Copy Source to Destination, No Encoding" seems not work.
    I've set DSP with bitdepth "below 24 bit" and Sample rate "below 96khz". But files in 44khz/16 bit (or lower) are not copied.

But at the end of the process, i've got errors like :

Error converting to FLAC, 'M:\Lossless\AC_DC-Rock_Or_Bust\01-01-AC_DC-Rock_or_Bust.flac' to 'D:\MusicForCar\Lossless\AC_DC-Rock_Or_Bust\01-01-AC_DC-Rock_or_Bust.flac'
    Error creating destination file (check dBpoweramp has write access to folder)

The output of the encoder is set to D:\MusicForCar\Source Path\Source Filename

It can't be a problem of read/write access because converted files are well written in the destination folder.
    My thought is that in the copy process the encoder does not use "Source Path". If "Source Path" folder does not exist in output folder, file can't be copied.
    I've tested this by creating manually "Source Path" folder in the output folder and copy was done well!

My other problem is that settings which start with "below" means "strictly below". A setting like "below are equal" would be useful.
    My car player system support files in 24 bits / 48khz. I want to keep 1:1 on files at 24 bit / 48 khz or lower, and convert only those who are greater than 24 bit or greater than 48khz. For the moment, I can't do that. Do you think possible to upgrade settings on this dsp?
    Last edited by Dooby; July 06, 2016, 10:31 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Conditional encoding

See:

A maintenance release for dBpoweramp's. Installation Note install over the top of the existing Rxx dBpoweramp to maintain registered state (do not uninstall old). This test version will time out in January 2017. <released> Changes CD Ripper - able to lookup more discs with Discogs CD Ripper - restored Tracktype
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dooby
      • Aug 2015

Okay. Tested on R16.1 b3 with success.
      Just one note : I saw 2 options "24 bit or below" in the list.

Comment

• Dooby
        • Aug 2015

I've made a mistake with my last test session.
        There's still a problem with option "48khz or below"' on Sample rate parameter. Probably because I combined it with Bitdepth "24 bit or below".

My conditional parameters:
        Action : Copy Source to Destination
        Bitrate : (not checked)
        Bitdepth : 24 bit or below
        Has extension : nothing
        Sample rate : 48khz or below
        General : (not checked)

And i have DSP resample with min/max 8000/48000, and DSP Bit depth with min/max 8 / 24.

In source files, I have a flac in 24 bit / 96khz. This file is copied by the batch processing, not converted. Probably because it is a 24 bit flac file, regardless sample rate.

It seems to be an "or" between parameters, not an "and"...
        Last edited by Dooby; July 12, 2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Dooby
          • Aug 2015

Thanks for R16.1 beta 4. it works fine!

Just a little question... I'm using Conditional encoding for copy directly files which can be played as is on my car player.
          But this player is not able to read multiple artists tags. Then I'm using dsp "ID Tag processing" in order to convert multiple artist to "Artist1; Artist2; ..." but it works only for re-encoded files, not for copied files.

I think that conditionnal encoding should block only DSP Resample, Bitdepth or any dsp which tranform sound. But others DSP should work all times. What do you think about this idea?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You would have to run [ID Tag Update] which can be downloaded from codec central after converting.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dooby
              • Aug 2015

I've downloaded and installed "ID Tag Update". But when I'm trying to add it to my DSPs, I've seen only "ID Tag Processing"... Where is my mistake?

Comment

• Dooby
                • Aug 2015

Okay, I realized my mistake.
                I must launch conversion in two runs.
                First run convert audio files according to the selected DSP.
                And the second run correct id tags on the generated files of the first run.

Comment

• chrisjj
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Dooby
                  Okay, I realized my mistake.
                  I must launch conversion in two runs.
                  First run convert audio files according to the selected DSP.
                  And the second run correct id tags on the generated files of the first run.
                  Really? Can't you do that in one run?

Comment

• chrisjj
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2008

I think you can do it in one run if you use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect [sic], which seems have the same functionality as the ID Tag Update codec, but in a different presentation.

Comment

• Dooby
                      • Aug 2015

If it's possible, I don't know how to do in one run...
                      But this is not the good thread to discuss about that.

I will post a new thread in "How Do I?".
                      Last edited by Dooby; October 20, 2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>