title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Optional Batch deletion feature for FLAC files once converted to WAV

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qrio
    • Jun 2024

Optional Batch deletion feature for FLAC files once converted to WAV

This is my first post, so forgive me if I've posted here instead of a new feature request area (if one exists then please move post).

What is currently missing is a batch deletion feature. Let me elaborate, I was converting some 20,000 files from FLAC to WAV, once converted I wanted to delete the FLAC files. This will be okish if the FLAC files were all in one folder. However these files were in their own folders same as ripping CD- creates artist name, album name, the cd1, cd2 etc. Having so many artist it seem like a impossible task to do manually.

Looking through the batch conversion feature list I couldn't find anything. To cut a long story short I created a batch DOS script which deleted them in 20 seconds.

If this feature was available to do the same will be a fantastic idea, only if you convert to WAV from FLAC. As in other circumstance you might want to save FLAC if you've converted to a lossy format.

Can we get this feature?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Already there. It is a DSP you can add to the conversion steps to delete the source files. I am away from computer so cant give you exact name. Should be obvious.

Comment

• GBrown
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by garym
      Already there. It is a DSP you can add to the conversion steps to delete the source files. I am away from computer so cant give you exact name. Should be obvious.
      Correct, the DSP effect is called "Delete Source File" and can be added for any file conversion between audio formats. Once selected you are prompted to choose to permanently delete the source files or send them to the recycle bin. Plus you can also choose to optionally have dbPA remove any folders that end up empty as a result of any conversions.

Comment

• Qrio
        • Jun 2024

Thanks guys, I never really looked in there. Never knew what this DSP stuff was for, Wow there is so much in there, is there documentation on what each one does?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>