title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Converter integration in Windows 10 File Explorer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Batch Converter integration in Windows 10 File Explorer

Hey Spoon,

I have upgraded one of my Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10. On that PC I see a new behaviour of the Batch Converter integration in the Windows File Explorer.

1.) As long as I select less than 16 folders I see the menu entry "dBpoweramp Batch Converter" in the context menu (right click). As soon as I select 16 folders and more the menu entry is not displayed.

2.) If I click on "dBpoweramp Batch Converter" in case of less than 16 selected folders, one instance of the Batch Converter is started for each folder.

Have you seen this behaviour?

Dat Ei
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Batch Converter integration in Windows 10 File Explorer

Originally posted by Dat Ei
    Hey Spoon,

I have upgraded one of my Windows 7 PCs to Windows 10. On that PC I see a new behaviour of the Batch Converter integration in the Windows File Explorer.

1.) As long as I select less than 16 folders I see the menu entry "dBpoweramp Batch Converter" in the context menu (right click). As soon as I select 16 folders and more the menu entry is not displayed.

2.) If I click on "dBpoweramp Batch Converter" in case of less than 16 selected folders, one instance of the Batch Converter is started for each folder.

Have you seen this behaviour?

Dat Ei
    see here:
    Fixes an issue where the Open, Print, and Edit items are missing from the context menu when you select multiple items in Windows Explorer.

I get similar behaviour in Windows 8.1 when I select more than 15 jpg files or 15 txt files and the context menu changes.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Thanks for your help, mville. Great help as always!

Originally posted by mville
      see here:
      Fixes an issue where the Open, Print, and Edit items are missing from the context menu when you select multiple items in Windows Explorer.

I get similar behaviour in Windows 8.1 when I select more than 15 jpg files or 15 txt files and the context menu changes.
      But that would only explain 1.), but not 2.). If I've selected several folders under Windows 7, one instance of Batch converter has been started and all the folders have been checked in the list. Now under Windows 10 for each folder one instance of Batch Converter is started. In each instance a different folder is checked.

Can you confirm that behaviour?

Dat Ei

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

But that would only explain 1.), but not 2.). If I've selected several folders under Windows 7, one instance of Batch converter has been started and all the folders have been checked in the list. Now under Windows 10 for each folder one instance of Batch Converter is started. In each instance a different folder is checked.

Can you confirm that behaviour?
        In Windows 8.1 64-bit, yes, multiple instances of Batch Converter are launched.

I always select 1 folder and then do my multiple selections within Batch Converter.

FYI, I currently have the MultipleInvokePromptMinimum registry value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer set to 30.
        Last edited by mville; August 20, 2015, 08:35 PM. Reason: Microsoft article registry value info

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

In Windows 8.1 64-bit, yes, multiple instances of Batch Converter are launched.
          Ok, a known bug...

I always select 1 folder and then do my multiple selections within Batch Converter.
          Ok, that's a workaround, but not very handy for big selections. But as long as dBpoweramp has no integration of a synch mechanism or is able to convert files only if neccessary, if selected the folders within the explorer (i.e. by date) and then called the Batch converter by the context menu.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Dat Ei
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2014

Hey Spoon,

coming back to this problem, that seems to exist since Windows 8 and higher:

From my programming experiences I only know the method, that the program itself checks if there is an instance of the program already running. In such a case this existing instance handles the open call.

So I ask myself, what technique are you using within the Batch converter, and if it is possibly a problem of the Batch converter starting with Windows 8 to handle the open call for a stack of files or folders. Is there a chance to modify the code of Batch converter so that we can have the old behaviour back?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

We will look at this in the coming future updates.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
                We will look at this in the coming future updates.
                Thank you!

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>