title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Convertor will not run Maximized

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caravaggio
    • Jun 2015

Batch Convertor will not run Maximized

Hi
    I'm new to the forum, but have been using this software for a couple of years now with no problems up until about three weeks ago.
    Suddenly when I launched the programme from either the desktop or the .exe file the programme opened straight to the task bar at the bottom of the screen. I tried the obvious - set it to run maximized, run as administrator and even run in XP compatability mode but the problem persisted.
    I was able to use the convertor from the mouse menu by selecting the files etc, but this meant I could only do smaller batches than previously.

I removed the programme and reinstalled it and now it will not run at all "Error Running Music Convertor" message now comes up.

So I've gone from a great reliable programme to a buggy programme and now to NOT running programme. This is hugely annoying now. I'm no donut when it comes to PCs and software but I've hit a wall.

Any help would be hugely appeciated.

• mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Batch Convertor will not run Maximized

Originally posted by caravaggio
    Any help would be hugely appeciated.

dBpoweramp and Windows Vista related problems have been all over the forums in the past couple of weeks.

Try searching the forums for a possible solution.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

See:

There have been many reports that the recent security update KB3057839 to Windows Vista is breaking dBpoweramp (CD Ripper and Batch Converter will not show). We have not been able to reproduce this issue locally, however it has been found that functionality can be restored by either: 1) Uninstall the update KB3057839 or 2)
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• caravaggio
        • Jun 2015

Brilliant, I will go a-hunting

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Comment

• caravaggio
          • Jun 2015

Problem solved by disabling Disable Desktop Composition, couldnt find the suggested update to remove in my control panel listing..could it be one of the others??

most recent (sinc problem started are:
          KB3023224
          KB3035490
          KB3048077
          KB3037581

Many thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>