title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

R15.1 Bug: Audio Properties and WMA>WMA conversion corrupts long Track string

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2008

R15.1 Bug: Audio Properties and WMA>WMA conversion corrupts long Track string

E.g.
    Audio Properties

Conversion

Note: Track is stored as WM/TrackNumber, type WMT_TYPE_STRING
    The WM/TrackNumber attribute contains the track number of the content. This attribute is 1-based.
    Last edited by chrisjj; October 07, 2014, 12:04 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: R15.1 Bug: Audio Properties and WMA>WMA conversion corrupts long Track string

Track is the track number, ie 1/10, it should not be storing a value over 4 billion.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chrisjj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2008

Re: R15.1 Bug: Audio Properties and WMA>WMA conversion corrupts long Track string

WMA track number is a string and does not limit values to below 4 billion.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It does not make sense, it is like putting "The crazy brown fox, jumped over the lazy dog" as a year value, then saying it is a bug because it is not preserved during conversion. Internally we standardize tags, tags which are way outside of the standard are likely to not be preserved.

Putting a track number of > 4 billion, might even crash some players, because they not expect it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chrisjj
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          It does not make sense
          Sure it makes sense. It is a track number.

, it is like putting "The crazy brown fox, jumped over the lazy dog" as a year value, then saying it is a bug because it is not preserved during conversion.
          Not at all. "The crazy brown fox, jumped over the lazy dog" is not a valid year. 0000863720712012 is a valid track number.

Internally we standardize tags, tags which are way outside of the standard are likely to not be preserved.
          This value is not way outside the standard for the format in question. As I said: Track is stored as WM/TrackNumber, type WMT_TYPE_STRING http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

If you are restricted to some proprietary 'standard' that cannot handle the standards of the file formats and hence causes this corruption, then please declare it and its limitations.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If we had a WMA >> WMA only converter I would agree with you, however we do not.

I have never seen a track number as you describe, track number is there to indicate the position on a disc.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chrisjj
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2008

If we had a WMA >> WMA only converter I would agree with you, however we do not.
              dBpa WMA > FLAC suffers the same corruption: http://i.imgur.com/cVECenx.png

I have never seen a track number as you describe
              Now you have.

, track number is there to indicate the position on a disc.
              If dBpa was only for tracks ripped from CD, it surely would not support tracks number up to 1000000000. It does. Many users have gone beyond CDs.

Comment

Working...

]]>