title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album artwork at Folder & Filename Browsing level

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • naim
    • Dec 2013

Album artwork at Folder & Filename Browsing level

I'm using an ipad pro to view my music in AssestUpnp to play via my Naim Uniti2 stereo. I find selecting albums easiest when I can view the album artwork. I can do this in the Artist/Album folder view quite well, however compilation albums appear for every artist on the album, which clogs up my view. I therefore prefer to view things through the Folder & Filename Browsing folder. But I can't see any album artwork in this view until I've drilled down to the individual album within the artist folder. Twonky automatically shows the album artwork in the Folder & Filename Browsing folder (however, the songs in each album are then played in alphabetical order, rather than the tracklist order - so that's not good either).

Can anyone tell me how I can get the album artwork to display in Asset UPnP at the Folder & Filename Browsing folder level? I've tried pressing the UpStream Artwork tick box on my configuration page but this has not done the trick.
  • toonfan
    • Jul 2013

Re: Album artwork at Folder & Filename Browsing level

I had same problem with compilation albums, in the end I edited, through dbpa the individual artists to various, not ideal as I can not see the artist on the album it just says various I'm sure someone on here will come up with a better solution

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Folder and Filename browsing will only show upstream art if you have a 'folder.jpg' file in the folder, not embedded art.

If your compilations are appearing as split albums, you need to tag that album with a Compilation tag value set to 1. Or you can change the 'Album Artist' to Various Artists, but the first method is better.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• naim
        • Dec 2013

That's a shame.
        Spoon, can you advise me how to tag an album? I'm using a Mac, with DBPA located on my QNap, which I use via the iPad. Not sure which device I'd use to do the tagging or how.
        Is there any likelyhood that DBPA can start displaying album art in folder view just like Twonky does?
        Cheers.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

To tag the album you select the files (all files for the album), then right click >> Services >> Edit Tags with dBpoweramp

click add to add a compilation tag and set the value to 1.

After you have done all the albums, set asset to rescan (refresh all). Then there is no need to browse by file and folder.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>