title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP 5.1. : Multiple tag issue, apple lossless

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hermes
    • Jun 2016

Asset UPnP 5.1. : Multiple tag issue, apple lossless

Hello,

a problem I saw on 5.1.1 : the genres tagged with a slash (e.g. Blues/Rock) are not splitted any longer. This concern m4a file (apple lossless) and not mp3 file which work correctly. I used to multiple tag on mp3 files with \\ and m4a (apple lossless) with /. When using \\ on m4a, the first split is being recognized and catalogued.

Genre should support 3 categories

Code:
    t_genre,3,INTEGER
    Is there an evolution on the way file have to be multiple tagged? Differences between apple lossless parsing and mp3? Modification on the library used for m4a?

Thank you

Regards
    Emmanuel
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP 5.1. : Multiple tag issue, apple lossless

Yes we have moved from '/' separators for m4a to tagging similar to multiples in FLAC files, that is multiple entries, such as:

Genre: Rock
    Genre: Pop

2 genres are written to the file, this is the standard used most (Apple do not support multiples of any tags).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hermes
      • Jun 2016

My files are tagged with mp3tag. I have tagged with "\" which is the standard in mp3tag for multiple tags.

In Asset Upnp, this works for mp3; with m4a files, the first tag is being registered but not the other(s). I tested on PerfectTunes ID Tags : my files that are multiple tagged, file format mp3 have multiple genre displayed as "Blues; Rock" for example. For m4a files tagged "Blues\\Rock" == "Blues; Rock" in PerfectTunes, only "Blues" appear in the genre fields when opened in PerfektTunes. I can't test to save through PerfektTunes because I don't own a license.

Is this a general mp3tag issue or Asset m4a parsing library?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

mp3tag one way, dBpoweramp / PerfectTUNES / Asset another way. There is no right or wrong as Apple do not support either.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hermes
          • Jun 2016

If I understand well your answer, as Apple do not support multiple tags, the implementation of multiple tags (they are at least re-read by mp3tag) is specific to each developer. If I want this to work on my system with Asset, I should use PerfectTunes because mp3tag way of managing multiple tag on 4a is not supported. Or keep the release 5.1.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Correct, we changed over to the standard most used by other programs, such as foobar2000
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hermes
              • Jun 2016

On a mac, I can not fully use PerfectTunes, only with limitation under wine. I have to move to flac. Over 10000 tracks to convert and tag again...

Comment

Working...

]]>