title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Feature request: Asset uses ComposerSort tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovyclam
    • Jan 2017

Feature request: Asset uses ComposerSort tag

I don't think Asset pays attention to the ComposerSort tag yet ( even though it is mentioned in the help file ) - can we have an advanced option like the current "Artist Sort Handling" for Composers added at some future release, please.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Feature request: Asset uses ComposerSort tag

I am running Asset UPnP R5.2 and my Composer listing is sorted by ComposerSort.

Comment

• groovyclam
      • Jan 2017

I've just tried a different client (Android Bubble uPnP) and it's working, so it is my original client's fault, not Asset.

I would like the option added in a later build like that currently available to ARTISTSORT that allows it to appear twice in the list - as it appears in the "Composer" tag and as in the "ComposerSort" tag though.

Thanks.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by groovyclam
        I would like the option added in a later build like that currently available to ARTISTSORT that allows it to appear twice in the list - as it appears in the "Composer" tag and as in the "ComposerSort" tag though.
        I don't know what you mean. A screenshot might help to explain.

Comment

• groovyclam
          • Jan 2017

What I would want as a new edit option is as per the v5.2 Asset help file:

Artist Sort Handling: often artists might include a sort tag, for example Ludwig van Beethoven might have a ArtistSort tag of Beethoven, Ludwig van. This option sets how the sorted values are presented:

Display in Sort and Non-Sort Locations: In the above example Beethoven would be listed under both 'L' and 'B', this option is default as an unexpected sort tag effectively hides the artist under the last name (think of Elvis Presley shown under 'P' with a sort tag of Presely, Elvis)

Use Sort to Order Display: item is displayed in the sort tag location only

Ignore Sort Values: does not use sort values from ID Tags
          Except replace all occurrences of "Artist" and "ArtistSort" in the above, with "Composer" and "ComposerSort" respectively.

i.e. So when I do a Composer tree list I get Beethoven appearing under both B and L simultaneously. This is fairly necessary if you have a lot of classical music and serve it to people who might go in via either letter.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Got it. You want a Display in Sort and Non-Sort Locations option for Composer as well as Artist.

This could also apply to all tags that have an associated sort tag e.g. Album Artist, Conductor, Soloists etc.

Comment

• groovyclam
              • Jan 2017

I suppose so, but for me personally this sort of double appearance thing is only really relevant for classical composers.

"Album Artist" is usually set to exactly how I want the album to be filed under, so an "AlbumArtistSort" tag is fairly irrelevant ( maybe just my personal quirk there ).

Comment

Working...

]]>