title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible bug with "Title" view when "[All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks]" unticked ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovyclam
    • Jan 2017

Possible bug with "Title" view when "[All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks]" unticked ?

If I have the option for "[All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks]" not ticked and make a simple "Title" view then the view pre-appends the album track number to the front of the name before sorting by track title.

i.e. All the 1st tracks appear together and are then sorted by name, followed by the 2nd tracks ( which are sorted by name ), etc. etc.

This isn't terribly useful for finding a track that you know starts with "N", for example, as there are as many groups of tracks sorted alphabetically as there are the maximum track number you have in your database.

This is on Win XP SP3 free version 5.2

Bug, or have I messed up ?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Possible bug with "Title" view when "[All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks]" unticked

You have un-ticked [All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks], but maybe [track *] - [title] is ticked? Try changing some of the other display options and check the results.

Also, what client software are you using? Maybe it is the client that is sorting/displaying by track number.

Comment

• groovyclam
      • Jan 2017

Re: Possible bug with "Title" view when "[All Tracks] and [Shuffle Tracks]" unticked

It's a client problem - I tried a different client and it all displays properly in that.

How would I describe this "technically" to the original client's support team ?

"The DNLA server is passing just track titles but you are sorting by track number first, then track title" ?

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by groovyclam
        How would I describe this "technically" to the original client's support team ?

"The DNLA server is passing just track titles but you are sorting by track number first, then track title" ?
        Simply describe the issue as you have here, that tracks are sorted/listed by track number and not title, which is useful if displaying all tracks in an album, but useless when displaying all tracks in a library.

Comment

• groovyclam
          • Jan 2017

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>