title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset, QNAP TS-251+, tagging and tree settings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erho
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2016

Asset, QNAP TS-251+, tagging and tree settings

Hello, have installed Asset on my new NAS. Please could someone recommend me what is the best method to tag Artist, Album and Albumartist and how to set the tree to get the best out of it ( I mean lastname, firstname or firstname, lastname and so on ) ?
    Many thanks.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Asset, QNAP TS-251+, tagging and tree settings

I assume your audio files have not been tagged, so I would recommend you concentrate on tagging them consistently with the basic tags, before using Asset. To unlock all the library browsing options available in Asset, you will need to tag the files, otherwise you will be left with just the file/folder browsing option.

If your audio files are organised in a consistent folder\filename structure, where the folder names contain album artist and album names and the filenames contain artist and title, you can use tagging software to extract these names and populate the tags otherwise you will have to manually add the tags.

I have no idea what tagging software is available for your NAS. Do you have access to another PC platform?
    Last edited by mville; November 20, 2016, 11:51 AM. Reason: More info required

Comment

• erho
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2016

I use Metadatics on Mac.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by erho
        I use Metadatics on Mac.
        So you're good to go, or do you need more help?

Comment

Working...

]]>