title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

OS X (10.11) upgrade of Asset UPnP from 4.7 to 5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tnk
    • Feb 2016

OS X (10.11) upgrade of Asset UPnP from 4.7 to 5

Hi there,

Seeing that there was an updated version of Asset UPnP I've installed this, replacing version 4.7 with the new version 5.

My library is set up with one folder with the Music files and another with Playlists (m3u). This worked well with version 4.7, however on upgrading the playlists do not load.

As part of my experimentation with this, including reboots, refresh all, deleting ~/library/dbpoweramp and starting again, I've not been able to get the playlists to show with version 5.

I've now gone back to 4.7 and reinstalled ~/library/dbpoweramp from a backup and the playlists are working again.

Am I missing something with this new version?

Thanks,

Tom
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: OS X (10.11) upgrade of Asset UPnP from 4.7 to 5

You have added the folder containing the playlists to asset? And set it as a playlist folder?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tnk
      • Feb 2016

Hi Spoon,

Yes this was how it was working for me with 4.7 and I also added the playlist folder after starting again from scratch.

Tom

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Thanks for the bug report! The problem has been confirmed and will be corrected in the next update.

Temporary workaround:
        [Finder: cmd+shift+G] Go to ~/Library/dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v3
        Open PlaylistFoldersWatch.txt
        Manually replace ~/path or bookmark:// line with plain filesystem path of your playlists folder - eg. /Users/<yourname>/Music/Playlists. After that, Asset R5 should be able to see them.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Fixed in a new beta-
          Current version: beta 9 (Linux), beta 8 (Mac) Beta 7 for Mac introduces redesigned user interface. More details and discussion here. (https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?38900-Asset-R5-0-1-Redesigned-Mac-user-interface) Mac OS:http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-R501b8.dmg Linux x86 32-bit: http://www.dbpoweramp

Comment

• d90myg
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by PeterP
            I'm running Asset Version 5 (1) on a Mac running OSX El Capitan (10.11.6). Downloaded in the last week. Just reporting the same problem still an issue as I have lost most of this evening trying to find a way to recover access to my playlists. Not clear to me if the betas fixing it have been rolled out yet or not, so not sure if this is useful...

I also noticed that if the folder for playlists had two words, even manually editing the text file didn't seem to work, but I'm guessing that's a characteristic and not a bug.

Comment

Working...

]]>