title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP installation on Windows Server 2012

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thuanb
    • Aug 2016

Asset UPnP installation on Windows Server 2012

Hi,

I've just newly registered, downloaded and installed Asset on my server. The program gives the error / warning of missing .dll file but otherwise seemed ok. However, my iPad Kazoo keeps waiting forever fir something that won't let me listen to the music. Please advise what I'm missing here.

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP installation on Windows Server 2012

What error message is shown?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Thuanb
      • Aug 2016

At first, "Program can't start because wmvcore.dll is missing from your computer". I ignored it, deleted windows media.dll from the decoder folder, managed to see music files appear on the iPad Kazoo interface. But then the interface kept on "Waiting for rooms.." or just "Waiting..", all playback buttons were grayed out. No music, no sound even though I could see the art works.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>But then the interface kept on "Waiting for rooms.."

That is nothing to do with the UPnP server (Asset in this instance) this is Kazoo not detecting your player. Even if you had no UPnP server on the system, it would list the rooms if working correctly.

The fact you can see Artworks, means Asset is running correctly, you can browse the music it has indexed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dikkiedirk
          • Feb 2014

Asset seems to be running ok, but Asset configuration will give the wmvcore error and won't run. The only real solution is to install the Desktop Experience feature in Windows Server 2012.

Comment

Working...

]]>