title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPNP can not add network drive under Win 10

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knightc
    • Jun 2016

Asset UPNP can not add network drive under Win 10

I have tried everything (including the method of the "QNAP Asset Specifics" thread) to add my share folder on QNAP NAS in Asset UPNP 5.1 under Win 10, but failed. I tried the same on another computer which runs Win 7, and succeeded. Hope this issue of Win 10 could be solved soon.
    Last edited by knightc; June 21, 2016, 05:45 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPNP can not add network drive under Win 10

Why not run asset directly on the QNAP?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• knightc
      • Jun 2016

my NAS' CPU and memory performance is very limited, that is why I do not install it on NAS directly.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

This issue is really outside of Asset, it is a Windows 10 & QNAP nas issue, until you can browse the nas shares with Windows Explorer (not internet explorer) Asset will not be able to either.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Hey knightc,

what is the problem in detail? Can you mount a qnap share to windows 10 and assign a drive letter?

Dat Ei

Comment

• son_of_aragorn
            • Jun 2017

Hey,

Old thread I know but still relevant. I found even with latest release (R6) that asset wouldn't detect my network drives. Kinda a problem for me as I generate playlists in PLEX and like to have all network locations uniform so that playlists work on all my devices natively.

Anyways, was perusing and came across an article on easeus "Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in Windows 10/8/7" basically showing similar problem to OP (& myself).

Followed these steps:
            Solution 1. Mapped Network Drive Not Showing in File Explorer/My Computer

Because of the UAC, the Shell runs with standard user permissions, it can't see mapped drives which were configured from your application running with admin rights. So, try the following workaround step by step.

* Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
            * Locate and then right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System.
            * Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
            * Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.
            * Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
            * In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
            * Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Immediately after doing this, Asset could correctly identify network drives. I've just test and it's added both my large music collection and playlists via this networked drive and all is working

Just thought I'd post in case:
            A - this helps as a workaround for the time being
            B - Hopefully this could one day lead to a permanent fix in asset (fingers crossed but somehow I think this is windows not asset's problem...)

P.S. Use the suggested fix at your own risk. Worked for me but I don't even pretend to understand the ramifications :p

Comment

Working...

]]>