title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Internet Radio with RPi

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichelL
    • Jun 2016

Internet Radio with RPi

Hello,

I tried a few weeks ago to get this answered via email, but maybe it was not the expected channel, so retrying in the forum.

I would like to test Asset's internet radio features, to evaluate if it could be used as an UPnP Server/Gateway for Audi cars (and probably others from the VAG group). Many of those cars can use either on IOS or Android some sort of Audi MMI connect app to stream both locally stored medias, and Internet radios. Those apps are in fact a QNX UPnP server port. I am trying to find a solution to get the radios streams to the car, using a RPI running an UPnP software that can transcode, as this is how it looks, when analyzing the MMI connect apps.

From what I am reading it looks like Asset could be a good candidate to evaluate this, but since the RPi test/free version do not allow streams from radios and the Windows evaluation, that I could use to evaluate this, is from the 5.x release, I would like to know how I could test this feature on a RPI/4.7 release?

Thanks

-Ml
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Internet Radio with RPi

Asset should go in a trial mode (21 days) which does allow streaming from Internet Radio, if you can browse the Internet stations then it is allowing streaming.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MichelL
      • Jun 2016

Thanks for quick reply.

I have flashed and updated Raspbian Jessie and installed Asset-RaspberryPi.tar.gz

So far the locally stored music from the RPi is playing fine with foobar200 running on Windows, but at this point even if I can browse the TuneIn radios, when I try to play any radio stream, I never get any sound. Sometime there is a message about unsupported stream/URL, but this is not consistent.

Is there any specific dependencies to install for playing the radio streams ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try the Windows version of Asset as a test.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Giorgio321
          • Sep 2015

I encounter the same problem : Radio works with Asset Windows version but not with the RPI version... Has it been tested ?

Originally posted by MichelL
          Thanks for quick reply.

I have flashed and updated Raspbian Jessie and installed Asset-RaspberryPi.tar.gz

So far the locally stored music from the RPi is playing fine with foobar200 running on Windows, but at this point even if I can browse the TuneIn radios, when I try to play any radio stream, I never get any sound. Sometime there is a message about unsupported stream/URL, but this is not consistent.

Is there any specific dependencies to install for playing the radio streams ?

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

The problem is being looked into, thanks for reporting.

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Fixed in R4.7.1 and in R5 beta 8

R4.7.1 has not yet been officially posted but you can already grab it from here:
              Last edited by PeterP; July 20, 2016, 11:32 AM. Reason: Fixed bad URL

Comment

• Giorgio321
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by PeterP
                Fixed in R4.7.1 and in R5 beta 8

R4.7.1 has not yet been officially posted but you can already grab it from here:
                http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/&*652...ryPi-trial.tar
                Hi, the link seems not working...

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It will release today fully.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...