title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help for a Newbie - Selecting a folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyP19
    • Apr 2016

Help for a Newbie - Selecting a folder

Hi, installed Asset on my PC just to see how it worked - hooked up a 1TB external hard drive with FLAC files selected folder on Asset Config screen and wonderful up and running in a few minutes.

Then decided as above was so easy I'll attach my 6TB external drive which has majority of my ripped CD collection - took a while to load up and access music files (around 12,000 CDs) and it was a bit slow playing files but it's external so OK.

Then decided to go back to the 1TB drive. 'Removed' the 6TB folder and added the 1TB folder as before. But each time I select Asset via streamer control or click Asset network icon on PC I am still seeing the 6TB files even though the hard drive is disconnected and Asset is being directed to the 1TB drive.

Seems it's locked into 6TB drive and no amount of restart or de-selection will shift them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help for a Newbie - Selecting a folder

Trigger a Rescan (Refresh All).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndyP19
      • Apr 2016

Spoon thanks all I seem to be able to access (maybe cause I set up a shortcut on my desktop) is the 'AssetConfig.exe' screen which other changing settings only has 'OK' button.

Where is the re-scan option located?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

• AndyP19
        • Apr 2016

Ok did an un-install and re-install and up came the screen that tells you how many days you have left of the free trial, number of tracks etc and has the re-scan option - great re-scanned and now recognises the 1TB drive.

But after closing that screen - I can't find it again? (I think it's the first config screen?)

All I can lunch is config.exe which takes me straight to the 'Asset UPnP Configuration Advanced Options' screen (which doesn't have the rescan or data).

How do I launch the first/main config - none of the other exe files seem to do anything. Sorry must be missing something obvious.

Thanks again,

Andy

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Asset creates an icon, press start button and type asset
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndyP19
            • Apr 2016

Spoon many thanks indeed - easy when you know how - it has lurking away on the new fangled windows 8 screen - moved it over to the desktop - perfect.

Many thanks again,

Andy

Comment

Working...

]]>