title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rescan library

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hovartm
    • Feb 2016

Rescan library

I have recently installed the licensed version of Asset UPnP. I have also cleaned up the tags on my music library on QNAP NAS.
    I am now started a rescan of the entire libray.
    My question is how do I know when this has finished?

(The library is very large and I expect rescan will take a long time, it has now been running seven days)

Many thanks in advance
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Rescan library

On Asset UPnP for Windows >> Asset UPnP Configuration >> Status

I get: Library Contains xx,xxx Tracks, xxxx Albums

when the scan is complete. Not sure if this is the same for the QNAP version.

How large is very large (re. your audio library)?
    Last edited by mville; February 05, 2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• hovartm
      • Feb 2016

thanks mville.

Opening another Asset browser window, it lists the total tracks and albums, but the original window where I started the recsan still says "Rescanning entire library...."
      Library is 3.34 TB (lots of hi-res FLAC albums!)
      Guess I should open up on the Marantz streamer and see what it looks like.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by hovartm
        Opening another Asset browser window, it lists the total tracks and albums, but the original window where I started the recsan still says "Rescanning entire library...."
        Without any knowledge of the QNAP version, I cannot comment on the 2 windows you describe, sorry.

Originally posted by hovartm
        Library is 3.34 TB (lots of hi-res FLAC albums!)
        Guess I should open up on the Marantz streamer and see what it looks like.
        I don't believe the size of the audio files is relevant when scanning, rather the quantity of albums/tracks and the PC hardware/network used.

I also don't think it should take 7 days to scan the library. I even think 7 hours would be excessive, but as I say it is dependant on no. of tracks and hardware.

Comment

Working...

]]>