title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP vs. Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ttu
    • Jan 2016

Asset UPnP vs. Windows Media Player

After installing "Asset UPnP Premium" today, I am a bloody beginner.

The Multimedia-Network of my Windows 7 stand-alone PC shows an "Asset UPnP: ...."-Server , but this one is connected to "Windows Media Player" instead of an Asset-UPnP-Browser.

I have lots of "...exe"-files in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp", but None of them opens that browser, that is shown in the "help-file". I can open the "Asset UPnP Configuration Program", and it looks, like it includes all the Music, that I connected via "Media Player".

I can use the options of that media player, but i would like to check the Asset-UPnP-Options, so I can decide, which ones I prefer.

Thanks for any help, to switch from Windows Media Player to UPnP-Browser!
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Asset UPnP vs. Windows Media Player

There is no Asset UPnP Browser. Asset is a DLNA/UPnP audio server and is an audio only server.

You would use Asset UPnP Configuration to setup the server e.g. tell Asset where your audio library exists.

Then, you need control point software installed to connect to Asset UPnP to browse your audio library and media renderer software installed to play the tracks.

Comment

Working...

]]>