title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chickenshack
    • Sep 2015

Problem with Windows 7

Hi, after many months of excellent playback through my Cambridge streamer from Asset located on the PC I find I have a sudden problem. When first switching on the streamer and PC, then going to my Ipad or Iphone to control via CA Connect I find the CA app cannot see Asset unless I go into Windows 7 and change the file sharing to Homegroup whereupon all is as it should be. This was not necessary until recently and now has to be done every time I switch on the computer. The W7 "File Share With" command always shows a lock on "Nobody" irrespective of wether you previously altered it at the last session, although this is apparently a Windows design flaw. Though I do not think Asset is at fault here I wonder do you have an idea what has changed?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with Windows 7

UPnP does not use home sharing. Try rebooting your router (internet box.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Chickenshack
      • Sep 2015

No but the My Music Folder does.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If asset is installed on that PC, it should be reading 'my music' folder locally with a drive letter, not a network sharing path. Local drive access does not need home sharing.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>