title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wiim and NAS drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LX200GPS

• May 2015

Originally posted by simbun

The best way (works with the most servers) to store your music is to have one album per folder, and to store the album artwork within that folder e.g.

AlbumArtist/Album/01.01 - Title.flac
    AlbumArtist/Album/01.02 - Title.flac
    AlbumArtist/Album/01...
    AlbumArtist/Album/02.01 - Title.flac
    AlbumArtist/Album/02.02 - Title.flac
    AlbumArtist/Album/02...
    AlbumArtist/Album/folder.jpg

Most servers use the Album and AlbumArtist tags to group the related tracks of an album, so it's best if both tags are populated and they contain EXACTLY the same values.

With this setup the following Asset configuration is recommended:

Multi-Disc Album: Combine Multi-Disc Albums as One
    Album Defined by Folder: Yes

If you want specific advice it's best to tell us how your file layout and tags differ from the above.
    That's exactly how my files are set up. All folders until you get to Tracks. Then after the track listing we have Folder containing album art.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Just checked and there's no music on my pc.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Check the ID Tags for that album, I bet it wither has a different album artist for the tracks of the album, or the album name differs between tracks. The rule is, for an album, the album name has to match all tracks, the album artist name has to match, and the disc number has to match.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Originally posted by LX200GPS
          That's exactly how my files are set up. All folders until you get to Tracks. Then after the track listing we have Folder containing album art.
          And the AlbumArtist and Album tags are always populated and contain the same values across all tracks of an album?

And you have the following configuration in AssetUPnP?

Unfortunately Asset doesn't use the file paths in the served URLs, otherwise we could have identified the source of the files that have been split across albums (just in case there were duplicates in your collection).

Can you post a screenshot showing the tags (and path ideally) of two tracks that have been split into different albums?

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

And the AlbumArtist and Album tags are always populated and contain the same values across all tracks of an album?

And you have the following configuration in AssetUPnP?

Unfortunately Asset doesn't use the file paths in the served URLs, otherwise we could have identified the source of the files that have been split across albums (just in case there were duplicates in your collection).

Can you post a screenshot showing the tags (and path ideally) of two tracks that have been split into different albums?
            Album Defined by Folder = Yes
            Combine Multi Disc Album as One box ticked

I can do the screenshot you ask but where do I find that?

Comment

• simbun
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

I can do the screenshot you ask but where do I find that?
              The easiest way is to use Mp3Tag.

Load the album into Mp3tag (File > Change directory) and make sure all the tracks are selected (Edit > Select All Files), then take a screenshot of the entire Mp3tag window and attach to a post.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Some screenshots. So, I only have two albums of the artist America. As you can see when you browse it brings up four in total. One of them contains everything on the album, the others don’t.

Van Morrison brings a lot of doubles up and if you look at Common One (two entries), for example, it also lists everything on the album and the other lists just one track.
                Also, I have included some screenshots of the path in mp3tag of these two artists.
                Attached Files

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

This is what I get when browsing on tablet.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Lastly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• simbun
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Van Morrison brings a lot of doubles up and if you look at Common One (two entries), for example, it also lists everything on the album and the other lists just one track.
                      For the Van Morrison example could you select all the files (Edit > Select All Files) before taking the screenshot, that way we can see if AlbumArtist and Album are the same.

EDIT: I've just seen the app screenshots and I'd wager that you have 2 copies of 'Summertime in England' in your collection given the track is in both albums.
                      I don't know how big your collection is, but if you can load the whole share into Mp3tag and apply the filter 'title HAS Summertime' it should return the matches.
                      Last edited by simbun; October 14, 2024, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

OK, you mean like this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

For the Van Morrison example could you select all the files (Edit > Select All Files) before taking the screenshot, that way we can see if AlbumArtist and Album are the same.

EDIT: I've just seen the app screenshots and I'd wager that you have 2 copies of 'Summertime in England' in your collection given the track is in both albums.
                          I don't know how big your collection is, but if you can load the whole share into Mp3tag and apply the filter 'title HAS Summertime' it should return the matches.
                          OK, will have a go but, off the top of my head. I've only one of those tracks. Will have a look.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Have only got one Summertime in England in my Van collection. I think it only ever appeared on Common One.

EDIT: 590 Van tracks in my library in total. When using the Sonos app Summertime in England is only listed once.
                            Last edited by LX200GPS; October 14, 2024, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Screenshot from Sonos.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• simbun
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

OK, you mean like this?
                                That's right.
                                With all tracks selected, if any of the tracks had different AlbumArtist or Album tags you'd see '< keep >' in the tag window on the left, instead of the stored value, much like you do with Title.

Comment

Working...

]]>