title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wiim and NAS drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LX200GPS

• May 2015

Wiim and NAS drive

I’ve just swapped out my Sonos Port for a Wiim Pro Plus. Unfortunately, the Wiim cannot stream from my WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS. Will Asset UPnP allow me to do this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Yes Asset can stream to the Wiim, through UPnP
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes Asset can stream to the Wiim, through UPnP
      Works great for me using two WiiM minis and a Wiim Pro Plus.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Great. I'll download and see how I get on. Thanks.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Downloaded trial version. It is showing up in my Wiim app under Media Server with the name of my pc but not showing any files. I thought this might mean it is looking at my pc for music (none there) so went to the configuration file and attempted to add a new asset, i.e. my NAS but nothing changes.

Comment

• simbun
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Have you created a drive mapping on your PC that points to the NAS share (File Explorer > Map network drive)?
            Have you configured AssetUPnP to index the mapped drive (Asset UPnP Configuration > Edit Advanced Settings > Audio Library)?

You can add the network share directly to the WiiM Pro Plus, but it is incredibly basic.
            Last edited by simbun; October 11, 2024, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Originally posted by simbun
              Have you created a drive mapping on your PC that points to the NAS share (File Explorer > Map network drive)?
              Have you configured AssetUPnP to index the mapped drive (Asset UPnP Configuration > Edit Advanced Settings > Audio Library)?

You can add the network share directly to the WiiM Pro Plus, but it is incredibly basic.
              No. Did none of that - I just dived straight in. That will teach me. Nest time I'll read the notes. Thanks.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

All done. Will have a play around and come back with any questions. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Have now had some time to have a look at this properly and the indexing seems a bit strange. Many albums have been listed more that once - some are just repeated with the same number of tracks while others will have just one track listed - and there's at least one album with four listings.

I presume that whatever it is I need to change can be done under the Advanced\general settings ans then a Refresh?

Comment

• GBrown
                    dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by LX200GPS
                    Have now had some time to have a look at this properly and the indexing seems a bit strange. Many albums have been listed more that once - some are just repeated with the same number of tracks while others will have just one track listed - and there's at least one album with four listings.

I presume that whatever it is I need to change can be done under the Advanced\general settings ans then a Refresh?
                    Do these split albums happen to be compilations, or have tracks where the Artists may not all be identical? These will need to have an Albumartist field that is identical for all tracks to keep the album intact.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

It is likely you have those albums in 4 places, install PerfectTUNES and you can browse the same as Asset to find the real files behind the tags.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Originally posted by GBrown
                        Do these split albums happen to be compilations, or have tracks where the Artists may not all be identical? These will need to have an Albumartist field that is identical for all tracks to keep the album intact.

I'll give some examples of what I'm seeing. Under Album Artist I scroll down to Van Morrison. There are two listing for the album Common One. I click on one of them and all the tracks contained on the album are listed. Then I click on the other one and it contains only one track from the album. There are other albums where this also applies.

Again, clicking on the artist America brings up the two albums I have. However, there are three versions of one of them. One contains all the tracks on the album, the other two contain two tracks and one track.

Comment

• LX200GPS

• May 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                          It is likely you have those albums in 4 places, install PerfectTUNES and you can browse the same as Asset to find the real files behind the tags.
                          Right, so let me understand this. Asset goes fishing for music on my NAS and PC and where else? I didn't think there was any music on my pc but I'll have another look.

Comment

• simbun
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

The best way (works with the most servers) to store your music is to have one album per folder, and to store the album artwork within that folder e.g.

AlbumArtist/Album/01.01 - Title.flac
                            AlbumArtist/Album/01.02 - Title.flac
                            AlbumArtist/Album/01...
                            AlbumArtist/Album/02.01 - Title.flac
                            AlbumArtist/Album/02.02 - Title.flac
                            AlbumArtist/Album/02...
                            AlbumArtist/Album/folder.jpg

Most servers use the Album and AlbumArtist tags to group the related tracks of an album, so it's best if both tags are populated and they contain EXACTLY the same values.

With this setup the following Asset configuration is recommended:

Multi-Disc Album: Combine Multi-Disc Albums as One
                            Album Defined by Folder: Yes

If you want specific advice it's best to tell us how your file layout and tags differ from the above.

Comment

• simbun
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Right, so let me understand this. Asset goes fishing for music on my NAS and PC and where else? I didn't think there was any music on my pc but I'll have another look.
                              The only tracks that Asset indexes are those in the configured library: AssetUPnP > Edit Advanced Settings > Audio Library

Comment

Working...

]]>