title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Bookmarks are broken

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klementz

• Jul 2024

Bookmarks are broken

I have a bunch of bookmarks, all of them are artists. When I first create them, they work (clicking them brings up all albums by that artist). Eventually, they start breaking and I get a "Browse error" dialogue that says: Reason: Internal error. Out of the 16 bookmarks, four of them are now broken.

I am running Asset on a Synology NAS.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The 4 which are broken what was the browse path?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simbun
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Originally posted by Klementz
      I have a bunch of bookmarks, all of them are artists. When I first create them, they work (clicking them brings up all albums by that artist). Eventually, they start breaking and I get a "Browse error" dialogue that says: Reason: Internal error. Out of the 16 bookmarks, four of them are now broken.
      Unfortunately the way most control points implement bookmarking is to store the internal container ids, which are only really supposed to be used when browsing the hierarchy, as such they don't necessarily persist across rescans.

After a preliminary scan.
      Code:
          <container id="co2BA000A26FAA55CE" parentID="co7D3D8F406C6EC30F" restricted="0" searchable="1">
              <dc:title>Elton John</dc:title>
              <dc:creator></dc:creator>
              <upnp:genre>Pop</upnp:genre>
              <upnp:class>object.container.person.musicArtist</upnp:class>
          </container>
      After a rescan having added some new music.

Code:
          <container id="coDBDEC6EC00B7EFF7" parentID="co7D3D8F406C6EC30F" restricted="0" searchable="1">
              <dc:title>Elton John</dc:title>
              <dc:creator></dc:creator>
              <upnp:genre>Pop</upnp:genre>
              <upnp:class>object.container.person.musicArtist</upnp:class>
          </container>
      Notice how the container ids differ.

The only servers that I've tested are AssetUPnP, MinimServer and MiniDLNA and they all behave the same way.

One possible approach would be for the control point to store the bookmark as a UPnP search.

Comment

• Klementz

• Jul 2024

Thanks for the responses. I realized later that I was asking about a problem with Bubble UPnP in the wrong place. However, it has been informative and I did do a rescan just before the bookmarks broke (but only some of them).

Cheers

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Originally posted by Klementz
          However, it has been informative and I did do a rescan just before the bookmarks broke (but only some of them).
          If it's anything like MiniDLNA, then adding an albumartist/album that precedes all your existing albums in the filesystem (alphabetically) e.g. 5 Seconds of Summer, will probably break the rest of your bookmarks.

It might be worth asking the BubbleUPnP developer if he'd consider changing the way bookmarks are stored, at least for objects like artists/albums (things that can be searched).

Comment

Working...

]]>