title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP shows fewer albums and titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qualopec
    • Aug 2024

Asset UPnP shows fewer albums and titles

Greetings to you,

I am trying out various music servers on my QNAP NAS, and I am currently trying out Asset UPnP.

And I have head scratching issue, perhaps some here might have an idea.

In short:
    My music collection is about 90000 files / 4000 albums large.
    All of it is in ALAC format, all of it is either lossless 16bit/44,1kHz (mostly ripped from my own CD collection) and high-res files (from various places such as Qobuz, Chandos, Hyperion, etc... lots of Classical music).

The files are all on my NAS, the file count is correct in any file manager as well. iTunes shows all the files, MusicBee shows all the files, and Twonky and MinimServer (both of which I have tried out prior) show all the files... but Asset UPnP shows 9 albums less, and 15 fewer tracks. (So it's 89985 tracks and 3991 albums instead of 90000 and 4000)
    I can't figure out why that is... and the problem is, I don't know which files or albums are missing, so I cannot investigate what might be the issue there. But as the file count is 90000 and iTunes, MusicBee, MinimServer etc show 90000 music files, and only Asset UPnP shows 89985 tracks, I think there may be some files Asset UPnP ignores, but I don't know why or which?

All my albums have been (over the years) consistently tagged, in order to avoid having "Rachmaninov" and "Rachmaninoff" there etc., so while there may still be the occasional flub, I usually adjust the tagging of every album I add after ripping etc.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?

Best regards!
Working...

]]>