title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No Music on Naim Mu-So - Asset running on Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nytimez
    • Oct 2020

No Music on Naim Mu-So - Asset running on Ubuntu Linux

I have Asset R2024-8-07 running on Ubuntu Jammy. Recently the NAIM app no longer plays music from that server. I also have Asset R2024-08-30 beta running on a QNAP NAS and there is no such problem.

In an attempt to diagnose the problem on the Ubuntu machine, I have tried different versions of Asset (betas), rebooted the Ubuntu machine and reinstalled the app on the iphone. Nothing made a difference. Meanwhile, an Android tablet using the NAIM app does not have such a problem.

IOS Naim app version 7.0.1
    Android Naim app 6.6.1

Am I experiencing a problem with the app or with Asset? I would appreciate any/all help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Likely the linux box restricting asset from the network
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nytimez
      • Oct 2020

If that was the case, I wouldn't have expected the android app to work but it does.

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by nytimez
        I have Asset R2024-8-07 running on Ubuntu Jammy. Recently the NAIM app no longer plays music from that server. I also have Asset R2024-08-30 beta running on a QNAP NAS and there is no such problem.

In an attempt to diagnose the problem on the Ubuntu machine, I have tried different versions of Asset (betas), rebooted the Ubuntu machine and reinstalled the app on the iphone. Nothing made a difference. Meanwhile, an Android tablet using the NAIM app does not have such a problem.
        So in summary, you've installed a number of different versions of AssetUPnP on Ubuntu and the Android Naim app works every time but the iOS app doesn't?

Originally posted by nytimez
        Recently the NAIM app no longer plays music from that server.
        So you're able to browse your collection using the iOS app? What happens when you try to start playback?

Was the iOS app updated recently?

EDIT: Looking on the iOS app store it appears to have been updated on 14 Aug 2024 (although there was a major release on the 1st August). Is that when the problem started?
        Last edited by simbun; September 02, 2024, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• nytimez
          • Oct 2020

Thanks spoon and simbun. The problem has just been solved by rebooting the iPhone. I should have thought of that first. It would have saved time.

Comment

Working...

]]>