title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Incorrect album artwork allocated to a number of albums

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jscottatc
    • Jan 2018

Incorrect album artwork allocated to a number of albums

I use dbpoweramp music converter to rip CDs with the results then copied to a QNAP NAS. Asset is used as a library, playing on a Linn DS.

A number of albums have the same incorrect art work and, fond though I am of Bill Withers Greatest HIts, I can do without seeing it on albums by other artists. These albums have very little in common apart from the fact that two were downloaded from artists' websites and the others are mp3 files of some age.

QNAP has explored this in some detail and concluded the issue is with Asset, which they don't support.

Your advice please.

Thank you

John

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

What naming string do you have for ripping?

For art from another track to be associated with another album, you would have to have the tracks in the same folder and folder.jpg exist.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jscottatc
      • Jan 2018

Thank you.

I don't understand your first question - with my apologies, please explain.

From what I can see, I have the correct art with the related album in the same folder and the incorrect art is nowhere to be seen.

John

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jscottatc
        Thank you.

I don't understand your first question - with my apologies, please explain.
        what's on the naming settings in the lower left of your CD Ripper screen. See pic. Click on "set" and then copy your naming string and paste into a response here.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-19 072421.png Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	327123

Comment

• jscottatc
          • Jan 2018

Thank you - very helpful.

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]/[album]/[track] [artist] - [title]

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You would have to check the files for the albums which have incorrect art, are they in their own album folder? check what the folder.jpg file looks like in that folder.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>