title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Upgrading Linux Asset to Registered

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tortiecat
    • Jul 2024

Upgrading Linux Asset to Registered

I have just purchased a linux versions of Asset upnp and am trying to install it on Ubuntu. There are no installation instructions provided with the purchase but I tried to install the package included in my receipt email without uninstalling the trial version (as suggested above). After installation and selecting the configuration link showing in the terminal, it opens a web page telling me that the trial version has expired. Entering the order number makes no difference. The service appears to be running, but when I try to access the folders they are all empty.
    Does anyone have any ideas? It's very frustrating that no clear instructions are provided with the purchase.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Ensure you have downloaded the registered version then unzip to overwrite the existing trial version. You would have to quit asset before doing this, here is the manual:

This Asset build is for Debian, but it will also run on other Linux versions Installation details To install it is done through the SSH command-line, for headless devices, install 'Putty' then connect to the device to access command-shell. Create a folder for Asset: cd /usr/bin sudo mkdir asset sudo chmod 777 asset cd
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>