title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ASSET & replaygain on FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doobre
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2006

ASSET & replaygain on FLAC

HI there
    Can someone here plz confirm I understand the Asset guide correctly.!?
    I believe that Asset will only adopt the RPG settings contained in a FLAC file IF the output is set to stream "as" wav.?
    In which case the metadata tags and cover pictures are not displayed on my player OPPO 105D.?

An aside,
    I don't see a mention of replaygain in the OPPO manual, does it recognise RPG settings itself?
    If play a flac on the OPPO direct from a nas through DLNA, would that allow the OPPO to see the RPG setting?

Has anyone noticed that RPG settings applied by DBPoweramp to FLAC files, do not always appear in Foobar2K detaiis for that file.

cheers for any thoughts, CD
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by doobre
    Has anyone noticed that RPG settings applied by DBPoweramp to FLAC files, do not always appear in Foobar2K detaiis for that file.

cheers for any thoughts, CD
    i have never seen this issue and I have about 130,000 FLAC files created with dbpoweramp. Foobar2000 always shows replaygain tag info.

Comment

• doobre
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2006

What am I doing wrong?
      Attached Files

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

That looks like windows explorer not showing RG tags. I don’t see a foobar2000 window.

Comment

• doobre
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2006

foobar is the max'd window at the back, with the "?"'s

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Ok. See it now. I suspect you’ve put an incorrect value in your column definitions. I’m not home to see what definition I’ve used.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

try these definitions

%__replaygain_album_gain%
              %__replaygain_track_gain%

Comment

• vilsen
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jul 2018

I believe that Asset will only adopt the RPG settings contained in a FLAC file IF the output is set to stream "as" wav.?
                In which case the metadata tags and cover pictures are not displayed on my player OPPO 105D.?

An aside,
                I don't see a mention of replaygain in the OPPO manual, does it recognise RPG settings itself?
                If play a flac on the OPPO direct from a nas through DLNA, would that allow the OPPO to see the RPG setting?
                I don't think that many UPnP hardware streamers support replay gain, the ones I've come across haven't anyway. If anyone knows more about this I'd be interested to hear.

However, as you know, Asset can apply the replay gain instead. You would need to transcode (e.g. as wav), so the audio files will be stripped from metadata. But since Asset is an UPnP server, it sends metadata from its index in the stream and this should show up on your control point (and on the Oppo 105D itself, if it displays metadata).

Comment

• doobre
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by garym
                  try these definitions

%__replaygain_album_gain%
                  %__replaygain_track_gain%
                  looks like there's something going wrong with the columns formatting, I changed the Foobar columns to those you suggested and all values of existing files immediately become a "?".

Restarted Foobar, and all values returned except for those that didn't show earlier on. weird!

I was using %REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN% and %REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN% didn't think that the CASE was important...
                  cheers CD
                  Attached Files

Comment

• doobre
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by vilsen

I don't think that many UPnP hardware streamers support replay gain, the ones I've come across haven't anyway. If anyone knows more about this I'd be interested to hear.

However, as you know, Asset can apply the replay gain instead. You would need to transcode (e.g. as wav), so the audio files will be stripped from metadata. But since Asset is an UPnP server, it sends metadata from its index in the stream and this should show up on your control point (and on the Oppo 105D itself, if it displays metadata).
                    Hi there Vilsen
                    Thanks very much for the confirmation

Comment

• doobre
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • May 2006

The OPPO doesn't display the metadata for the file playing [when streaming as wav] and only the title when browsing (no details or track# or jpg) bummmmmma

So I think it will be easier to setup a duplicate 'library' of the FLAC files with 'stream as' set to WAV with RPG set to 'ON', and use that library only for the track shuffle that Asset does.
                      Last edited by doobre; July 29, 2024, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

I was just guessing on column naming as I’m away from home and can’t test.

Comment

• vilsen
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jul 2018

The OPPO doesn't display the metadata for the file playing [when streaming as wav] and only the title when browsing (no details or track# or jpg)
                          Now I see, it's the bluray player Oppo BDP-105D. Not a dedicated UPnP streamer, so don't expect too much.

So which display are you referring to? On the unit itself, or the OSD on your TV, or a control point on your phone?

Comment

• doobre
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by vilsen

Now I see, it's the bluray player Oppo BDP-105D. Not a dedicated UPnP streamer, so don't expect too much.

So which display are you referring to? On the unit itself, or the OSD on your TV, or a control point on your phone?
                            You are correct.. the 'display' I am talking about is the OSD on the TV. But i'm pretty sure the unit itself does'nt show any details either.
                            No probs I will stick with things as they are ... using a seperate 'asset\library' for the inbuilt 'jukebox' shuffle function when I want to listen to a random selection.
                            cheers CD

Comment

• doobre
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by garym
                              I was just guessing on column naming as I’m away from home and can’t test.
                              No probs, the RPG settings still don't show on some files in Foobar.. that's how things are I guess.
                              cheers CD

Comment

Working...

]]>