title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Browse tree and sort options

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rpali
    • Jul 2024

Browse tree and sort options

I've looking at the browse tree. I really don't like artist names sorted by the first name, so I went to the brows tree hoping to change my first item from "Album Artist" to "Sort Album Artist" which would fix my problem, as my files all have the sort artist field correct entered.

To my great surprise, none of the sort fields are available for selection in the browse tree!

Is this correct? Can I have the sort fields appear somehow?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The sort values are never for displaying, you might be able to do it with the preformat: option where setting artist=artist sort
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rpali
      • Jul 2024

I recall seeing something about performating...is it detailed somewhere?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See first message:

R2023-05-15 Asset Preformatting of ID Tags when indexing, so it is possible to add year to the end of albums: preformat:=[album]:=[year] [album] or to change the artist to composer if the genre is classical: preformat:=[artist]=[IFEQUALS]genre,classical,[IFVALUE]composer,[composer],[artist][][][IF!EQUALS]genre,classical,[art
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by rpali
          I've looking at the browse tree. I really don't like artist names sorted by the first name, so I went to the brows tree hoping to change my first item from "Album Artist" to "Sort Album Artist" which would fix my problem, as my files all have the sort artist field correct entered.

To my great surprise, none of the sort fields are available for selection in the browse tree!

Is this correct? Can I have the sort fields appear somehow?
          In the configuration options, you can choose to display some fields using these sort tags. From the setup details here;

Artist Sort Handling: often artists or composers might include a sort tag, for example Ludwig van Beethovenmight have a ComposerSort tag of Beethoven, Ludwig van. This option sets how the sorted values are presented:
          • Display in Sort and Non-Sort Locations: In the above example Beethoven would be listed under both 'L' and 'B', this option is default as an unexpected sort tag effectively hides the artist under the last name (think of Elvis Presley shown under 'P' with a sort tag of Presely, Elvis)
          • Use Sort to Order Display: item is displayed in the sort tag location only
          • Ignore Sort Values: does not use sort values from ID Tags

Comment

• rpali
            • Jul 2024

Funny because one of the first things I did was change Artist Sort Handling to "Use Sort to Order Display" but the change seemed not to be reflected. I tried the other options and rescanned my library and it seems to be working with that setting now. Not sure why it wasn't working before, but I'm good now.

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>