title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset only will only show empty folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Somerset
    • Jan 2021

Asset only will only show empty folders

I hope that you can help with this. Asset will only show the folders in my music library, it wont show the music file contents. The Asset interface confirms that the folders Contain: Audio Files but even with several refreshes Asset advises that here are 0 tracks, 0 albums music playing devices just see empty folders. My music library is large: 44,486 Files & 3,565 Folders. Asset has been ‘refreshing’ for four hours and still noting to play. Does Asset have a file/folder limit? Also - when I try to upload an image to this forum a message appears that reads: asset.PNG
    Your session timed out while you were operating and you were logged out. You must log in again to continue.

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

No maximum, however if you are running asset on a nas, it could take a very long time to index 44,000 tracks.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Somerset
      • Jan 2021

Hello - Asset is running on an Intel NUC (medium spec) and when the rescan is completed, after around 4 hours zero tracks are found.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would have to check asset which might be running as a service? has read access to those files? it is best to take an album and save it to:

c:\assettest\

then get asset to scan that, it should be instant and show those tracks.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Somerset
          • Jan 2021

Following a re-scan Asset did show my entire music library, I was able listen to one EP and then Asset went of line. The NUC is connected to my network via a cable and I've just used the remote mouse app to shut it down so it's definitely on my network but Asset is off line to all devices.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Check in task manger that it is running and you do not have security software blocking it.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Somerset
              • Jan 2021

Thank-you. Asset is now running correctly. One final question reaging folder art. My music library is sorted in to 8 folders, each folder represents a different genre, each folder contains a ‘genre/folder image’ as well a the many folders that contain music . Asset shows 7 of the 8 folder images – please can you tell me the requirements for images, size etc so that I can get no. 8 to show? Thank-you

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

You would be best putting your own art in the:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\AssetImages

name the art exactly as the genre name
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>