title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New to DLNA, some files won't play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jah
    • Jul 2024

New to DLNA, some files won't play

Using a Marantz NR 1510 as a DLNA renderer and some hi-res files won't play. Asset is pointed to iTunes library, on an external volume in Mac OS 12.7.5. Library shows up fine on the receiver, more or less. Compressed files (mp3s and Apple Lossless etc) have no trouble playing, but so far AIFFs of any kind won't play, doesn't matter what sample rate of bit depth they are. So far there's one album that's WAV 96k/24bit that has no problem playing. The problem files have no problem playing locally on the Mac. It's over wifi, however the transfer rate is around 400mpbs, so I can't imagine it's that.

I've tried other server apps (Plex, Elmedia etc) and it's the same files, every time, that don't play. I'm also getting the same results on another renderer (Sony BDP S6700 Blu-ray), so I can't imagine it's the receiver or the blu-ray deck. AIFF doesn't strike me as an unsupported file type in any of the links in this chain.

I ran a log when playing a track that I know won't work (44/16 aiff), followed by a track I know will work (96/24 WAV) attached here. Any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It is likely many media player would not play AIFF through DLNA
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>