title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Define "Separator" Character(s) for Multiple Field Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2021

I spoke too soon! Whilst it seems to play an enqueued album without any problem, the track progress is messed up as is trying to advance tracks.

I only tried it because Upplay seemed more stable with it as an Openhome renderer.

Comment

• Spymaster
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2020

Wow - well that all seems ridiculously over-complicated to fix something that these players should be able to do by default, not to mention creating meta data gaps elsewhere, e.g. the composer tag - which Hi-Fi Cast displays against any album tagged as "Classical".

What a pain...

Comment

• vilsen
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by simbun
        I spoke too soon! Whilst it seems to play an enqueued album without any problem, the track progress is messed up as is trying to advance tracks.

I only tried it because Upplay seemed more stable with it as an Openhome renderer.
        It's the same with Cambridge 851N and also with their first "breakthrough" streamer which was named "Stream Magic". You can enqueue albums via Asset Control, but the Cambridge units only play about 10 seconds of each track, then skips to the next. There was a thread about it a couple of years ago.

I don't think the problem is with Asset Control, given all the issues with Cambridge streamers. Cambridge seem to do a lot of things differently, outside of the UPnP/DLNA spec, which isn't very nice of them since the units are advertised as UPnP streamers.

Comment

• vilsen
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Spymaster
          these players should be able to do by default
          Indeed. But hats off to Illustrate/Asset for giving us the workarounds.

Wow - well that all seems ridiculously over-complicated
          From a Cambridge perspective, yes of course.

From an Asset perspective, I don't think it's that difficult. Totally worth the little fiddling you have to do - I'm extremely grateful that Asset can help us fix the problems.

Comment

• simbun
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2021

Originally posted by vilsen
            It's the same with Cambridge 851N and also with their first "breakthrough" streamer which was named "Stream Magic". You can enqueue albums via Asset Control, but the Cambridge units only play about 10 seconds of each track, then skips to the next. There was a thread about it a couple of years ago.
            Upplay might be worth a look, especially if you have a Linux install around to test with first as you have to pay for the Windows version.
            The app is, as the author states "an ugly but nice, lightweight but capable, control point in its own right", but it seems to be stable and works well with the MXN10. I only installed it a couple of days ago and I'm learning its quirks, some of which I'll feed onto the author at some point.

Comment

• vilsen
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2018

Upplay might be worth a look, especially if you have a Linux install around to test with first as you have to pay for the Windows version.
              The app is, as the author states "an ugly but nice, lightweight but capable, control point in its own right", but it seems to be stable and works well with the MXN10. I only installed it a couple of days ago and I'm learning its quirks, some of which I'll feed onto the author at some point.
              The 851N that I tested is my buddy's, but I might get myself a used CXN or 851N eventually, now that [SimpleArtist] solves the displaying of artists. My buddy uses the StreamMagic app on his phone only. I'll take a look at Upplay if I need a replacement for Asset Control, but chances are that I'd miss Asset Control a great deal...

Comment

• Spymaster
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Feb 2020

Did you say that [simpleartist] is available in beta only? Where can I downlpad that from, and is the feature easy to use?

Comment

• simbun
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2021

Did you say that [simpleartist] is available in beta only? Where can I downlpad that from, and is the feature easy to use?
                  That's correct, beta only at this stage which can be found here: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forum/o...pnp-r2024-beta

You need to apply the changs to the control point you're using in the 'Settings Override (Control Point Specific)' section in AssetUPnP.

When testing StreamMagic I used:
                  Code:
                  =Android/14 UPnP/1.0 StreamMagic/2.14.0
                  [NoAssetPrependTrackNum]
                  [NoAssetTrackWantFrontArtist]
                  [NoAssetTrackWantEndArtist]
                  [NoAssetAlbumArtist]
                  [SimpleArtist]
                  The header at the top identifies the control point that you want the changes to apply to, and should be listed in the Settings Override window.

The reason for the additional entries is described here: https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forum/o...eta#post292081

Comment

• simbun
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2021

Originally posted by arnoldmatt
                    Absolutely, GBrown. Double backslash works for some programs, but semicolon for artists and genres across players makes sense. Hoping for a future setting in Asset!
                    Have you tried asking the developers of the broken software to support the standards, rather than ask compliant software to implement hacky workarounds?

Comment

• GBrown
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Oct 2009

Have you tried asking the developers of the broken software to support the standards, rather than ask compliant software to implement hacky workarounds?
                      Funny enough that is the response from a couple of them.

Comment

• simbun
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by GBrown
                        Funny enough that is the response from a couple of them.
                        GIven how long these standards have been around that's a shocking response from a developer, and one I wouldn't fund with a software purchase.

That being said the vast majority of my listening is via UPnP, even when away from home, so I don't really know just how bad the mobile (I assume we're mainly talking mobile here) landscape is for music apps.

Maybe we're expecting too much, after all Sonos/BluOS hasn't had multi-value tag support for years.

Comment

• GBrown
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Oct 2009

GIven how long these standards have been around that's a shocking response from a developer, and one I wouldn't fund with a software purchase.
                          So after some additional testing, it seems that for some
                          Android mobile apps like GoneMAD, Poweramp, and Foobar Mobile (also on iOS) multiple Artist, Composer, and Genre* are now supported. This has changed since I last went through these efforts a couple of years ago so Kudos to those developers!
                          *multiple genre tags in lossless ALAC and lossy AAC m4a files seem to have an issue for some but has been reported to the respective forums.

Neutron currently does not support multi value fields for any platform. Nor does BTR Amp for iOS but the developer has suggested it is planned for an upcoming update.

Maybe we're expecting too much, after all Sonos/BluOS hasn't had multi-value tag support for years.
                          Perhaps the new kid on the block will change that. WiiM products are getting decent reviews and their app is a big part of the picture. I haven't gone this route yet but likely will when the new WiiM Ultra launches with the display.
                          Last edited by GBrown; August 12, 2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Spymaster
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Feb 2020

Would it be possible for the developers of music servers such as Asset to contact and work with the hardware/streamer manufacturers directly to resolve some of this? They know the issues and resolutions more than anyone. All most of us can say is "it's not displaying X properly", a server developer can explain the issue in detailed engineering terms. I get that it's not their responsibilty but it would make everyone's lives easier...

Comment

• simbun
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by GBrown
                              Perhaps the new kid on the block will change that. WiiM products are getting decent reviews and their app is a big part of the picture. I haven't gone this route yet but likely will when the new WiiM Ultra launches with the display.
                              I've had a WiiM Pro for a while now, and a WiiM Mini before that, but that went back because the UPnP interface had some serious issues, but to their credit they listened and have improved things considerably.

In the last couple of months a firmware release has caused some instability in the UPnP interface. I'm tracking this with WiiM but at the moment I wouldn't recommend it when using third party controllers (which is required as the WiiM app is very limited in this regard), which is a real shame as compatibility has been right up with there with Sonos for the last year or so.

Comment

• simbun
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Apr 2021

In the last couple of months a firmware release has caused some instability in the UPnP interface. I'm tracking this with WiiM but at the moment I wouldn't recommend it when using third party controllers (which is required as the WiiM app is very limited in this regard), which is a real shame as compatibility has been right up with there with Sonos for the last year or so.
                                Yesterday I was pushed a fix to my Pro that has completely resolved the issue. I expect this to be rolled out in the next few weeks.

The combination of BubbleUPnP and the WiiM Pro is once again able to play gapless tracks of two seconds in length!

Comment

Working...

]]>