title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album art display problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hal2055
    • Aug 2015

Album art display problems

I am adding album art, embedding it in flac files that are already ripped on my music server. That works and the album art is seen by the Naim app once I have opened up the album. However when I am looking at a list of albums by any artist, my Naim app doesn't see the art unless it is in a separate jpg folder in the album folder, so it doesn't see embedded art when I've done that using ID-Tag. I thought I could copy and paste album art into the album folder but that option doesn't seem to be available. Any ideas?Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	296981
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Album art display problems

Try using:
    ID Tag Update Utility Codec >> Manipulation >> Album Art Export To >> cover.jpg

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mville
      Try using:
      ID Tag Update Utility Codec >> Manipulation >> Album Art Export To >> cover.jpg
      or export to "folder.jpg". In many players either folder.jpg or cover.jpg will work. But some players prefer "folder.jpg". (p.s. I prefer cover.jpg because if WMP accidentally gets ahold of these files I don't think it will do weird things to cover.jpg and it may to folder.jpg....but this is a windows media player issue not really related to your question)

Comment

• Hal2055
        • Aug 2015

Hi mvile, ok got codec, added it or switched it on in dbpoweramp, did the manipulation, album export, did one to cover and one to folder. Yes they have created pegs within each album folder, now as a separate file rather than just encoded in the id tag, BUT neither of them have appeared in the naim app. I'm doing a refresh of tracks within asset upnp and see if that "switches them on". Fingers crossed.
        It's strange that when I rip using db pow ramp ripper then it adds a JPEG folder and it is seen fine, but editing using ID tag is obviously quite different.
        Will let you know how it goes, thanks

Later
        Brilliant, refresh has brought them to life, bother cover.jpg and folder.jpg worked. Thanks very much
        Last edited by Hal2055; August 21, 2015, 11:24 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...

]]>