title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Add Date to Title Display

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seasider

• May 2024

Add Date to Title Display

Hi
    I'm trying to add the date of release of a track, (as held in the Date tag of my MP3 files), so that it shows after the title in Asset's listings.

Is this possible please?

Thanks.
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

I see you're trying both servers :-)

You'll need to use the User Rename List feature:
    Code:
    preformat:=title:=[title] ([year])
    Remove the parentheses if you don't want them.

Comment

• Seasider

• May 2024

Well hello there!! You got me! I just love trying to teach myself!
      I'll give that a try.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Seasider

• May 2024

Originally posted by Seasider
        Well hello there!! You got me! I just love trying to teach myself!
        I'll give that a try.
        Thanks.
        Nothing doing I'm afraid.
        I copied the code as you gave me to the AssetUpnPUserRenameList, after the instruction section, refreshed all, restarted server, but no change to the format in either BubbleUpnP or HiFiCast.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

Nothing doing I'm afraid.
          I copied the code as you gave me to the AssetUpnPUserRenameList, after the instruction section, refreshed all, restarted server, but no change to the format in either BubbleUpnP or HiFiCast.
          I know there was a bug/feature where the tag you're using in the preformat had to be typed (TEXT/INTEGER e.t.c.) in MediaDatabaseFieldsv7a.txt, but I think title and year already are by default, so I don't think it'll be that.

Are you on an up-to-date version of AssetUPnP, as this functionality was only introduced about a year ago.

I do remember having to restart/refresh a number of times for these to take effect.

Comment

• Seasider

• May 2024

I was just on the point of answering myself! My tags, written with FooBar, call the 'Year' Tag 'Date'. So I substituted the word in the code you gave me, and it worked!

Thanks again

Clive.

Comment

• simbun
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2021

I was just on the point of answering myself! My tags, written with FooBar, call the 'Year' Tag 'Date'. So I substituted the word in the code you gave me, and it worked!
              Really? I use FLAC, and the tag that holds the release date is called DATE but it's abstracted in AssetUPnP to YEAR (to consolidate all the file formats which use different names).

If I use DATE it doesn't work, even once I've added it to MediaDatabaseFieldsv7a.txt!

At least it's working for you :-)

Comment

Working...

]]>