title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New hifi problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alk630
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2014

New hifi problems

May I start off this thread with a massive thanks for Asset UPnP 5.0, which for me has seen much improvement over previous versions.

Earlier this week, after many problems with my ageing Arcam Solo Neo, I bit the bullet and traded it in for a new Cyrus Lyric 09. As far as the Lyric itself goes, I could not be happier with the way it presents and plays my music collection in collaboration with the new Asset UPnP.

The next thing I tried was accessing my music collection using a control point, such as Asset Control or Kinsky, but here the results are not so good. Every operation on both control points is preceded by a long pause, usually of around 25 seconds and upwards, before the new task in carried out. Such examples are playing a new track, stopping, starting, etc. I realise that these programs are no longer in development, but find it immensely frustrating that control points now fail to work in a usable manner. Is there any way I can begin to troubleshoot what is happening in order to pass on feedback, and possibly obtain help on getting things to work to either the software/hardware developers please?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New hifi problems

It is likely related to the Cyrus, as Kinsky is used by 10's of thousands of people without issues as you describe (on a variety of UPnP players).

Which control point to Cyrus recommend?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is likely related to the Cyrus, as Kinsky is used by 10's of thousands of people without issues as you describe (on a variety of UPnP players).

Which control point to Cyrus recommend?
      Thanks Spoon, I realise this is unlikely to be an issue with Asset itself and, as such, you are probably unwilling to invest your valuable time in helping people like myself investigate further. As mentioned, I find it strange and frustrating that while streaming with Asset works absolutely flawlessly on the Hi-Fi itself, that there are then so many problems with control points. Cyrus recommend Cadence for iOS and Android, with no PC support, but this seems like a step backwards after previously using Kinsky and Asset Control on Android and PC. It seems a terrible shame that manufacturers are producing some fabulous pieces of hardware, only to be seriously let down by flawed and buggy software. Do you imagine that this likely to be something the technical chaps are Cyrus are likely to be able to help with? It seems many manufacturers are unwilling to help with third-party software and so the cycle begins!

Personally, it would seem to have made much more sense for manufacturers to pursue a single well-configurable control point goal, working well across the board and on different operating systems, rather than the fractionated mess most of us are left with by them all doing their own thing. /rant off/

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have to isolate what is causing the issue. Try their control point with asset, if works 100% then you know it is the 3rd party control point not working with their player.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alk630
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
          You have to isolate what is causing the issue. Try their control point with asset, if works 100% then you know it is the 3rd party control point not working with their player.
          Cyrus Cadence works correctly, but the application is pants and doesn't work on a PC.... maybe I'm expecting too much, but I loved the flexibility of Kinsky and Asset Control

Comment

Working...

]]>