title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Slow response to PS3 client, not to others

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tillig
    • Aug 2009

Slow response to PS3 client, not to others

I have registered Asset 4.3 on WHS1.

It was awesome for quite some time, but it has recently been slow to respond to requests from my PS3. For example, I browse to a track to play on the PS3, select it, and then... wait for up to 30 seconds before it starts playing. Sometimes it times out and skips to the next track.

I can browse to the same track on a different client (like my phone) and it plays immediately.

It doesn't seem to matter the track type or whether it needs to be transcoded.

The only thing I can think that's changed is I've added about 50 new albums. I think my total is about 18000 tracks and 2100 albums.

I reset the database and everything to defaults, rescanned the whole library, restarted both the Asset process and rebooted the WHS a few times... No luck.

Is there something I can do to troubleshoot the issue? Have I crossed done sort of threshold for database size?
    Last edited by tillig; January 28, 2015, 04:48 AM.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Slow response to PS3 client, not to others

How is the ps3 connected? Wired Ethernet?

Comment

• tillig
      • Aug 2009

It's connected via wired Ethernet. Other network services to the PS3 (Netflix, Plex, etc.) are not experiencing any issues. It's just in talking to Asset.

Comment

• tillig
        • Aug 2009

I just tested this with a wired client (Windows 8.1 Media Player) and two wireless clients (iPad, Android phone) and Asset's nice and snappy to respond to them. It really does seem specific to the PS3 client.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

What type of music is being played?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tillig
            • Aug 2009

I ran some tests and it seems to be any music that gets transcode has the problem. I have AAC set to transcode to 256 MP3, and any tracks I play that are AAC or Apple Lossless are the ones where it takes a long time for the PS3 to respond. If it's already an MP3, the PS3 responds at the expected quick speed. Exact same tracks on other clients all respond quickly, transcoding or not.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

As a test set them to 'as WAV'
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tillig
                • Aug 2009

Setting it to "as WAV" worked! Everything responds very quickly now. Odd that it would get screwy now; I've had that set to MP3 literally for years. Super glad it's working again, though.

If you'd like, I would be happy to run additional tests; otherwise, for now I'm just going to leave it "as WAV" since it appears to be working. And thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...

]]>