title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Artist 'Various Artists' displayed instead of Artist for compilations

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badmood
    • Jan 2014

Album Artist 'Various Artists' displayed instead of Artist for compilations

All my tracks that are part of a compilations present to the control point as "Various Artists" instead of the actual individual artist performing the track.
    I have checked IDTags and these tracks have both 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' field, with Album Artist = Various Artists.
    dBPoweramp appears to have added the "Album Artist" field to all compilaiton albums (compilation field = 1) and when I delete "Album artist" field it returns automatically i.e. it cannot be deleted.
    In Asset settings "[artist] - [title] for Various Artist album tracks" is checked (on).

Can I, and if so how do I fix it so Artist field takes priority over Album Artist (Various Artists) field? i want to be able to load a compilation and tell who is performing each track.

Thanks,
  • badmood
    • Jan 2014

Re: Album Artist 'Various Artists' displayed instead of Artist for compilations

I see this is fixed in R5.
    Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

R5 of Asset corrects this issue, see the testing section of the forum.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badmood
        • Jan 2014

I've installed R5, but the problem remains.
        Rebooted iPad, relaunched control point, restarted Asset, but compilation tracks still show as "Various Artists".

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

For mp3 files?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badmood
            • Jan 2014

Yes, these are MP3 files.
            Control points are Plinius Arataki and PlugPlayer and both present the same.
            Last edited by badmood; January 09, 2015, 07:25 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You would need the latest asset R5 beta and trigger a Rescan (Refresh All).
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badmood
                • Jan 2014

R5 instructions say "Install over the top of existing version, when offered to uninstall old, select no." Is this true when updating from R5 beta2 to R5 beta3?
                R5 beta 2 was installed over R4.3 registered version.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

I would uninstall R5, install R4 and install R5 beta over the top, the reason being is that the version numbers are the same for all beta releases, if something is in use it will not get updated correctly.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badmood
                    • Jan 2014

Still having problems.
                    Deleted and reinstalled control point app. uninstalled R5 beta2, reinstalled R4.3, installed R5 beta3, triggered rescan (refresh all), rebooted PC, triggered rescan (refresh all).
                    rebooted iPad, control point, PC and triggered rescan several times.
                    At one point 2 tracks on a compilation did appear correct, but then after next rescan they revertedback to 'various artists' like the rest of the tracks.
                    Also Asset shows library as containing 9126 tracks, 0 albums.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

I have checked IDTags and these tracks have both 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' field, with Album Artist = Various Artists.
                      dBPoweramp appears to have added the "Album Artist" field to all compilaiton albums (compilation field = 1) and when I delete "Album artist" field it returns automatically i.e. it cannot be deleted.
                      You would also need the latest dBpoweramp R15.2 test version to make sure that no "Various Artists" is set as the album artist. If it is in the tags now, it will be passed with Asset to control point.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>