title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and Naim streamer problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coop250
    • May 2014

Asset and Naim streamer problem

My Naim streamer works fine with Asset but when I try to play music the next day, I turn on the Mac from its sleep mode but the Naim won't play any music without a power cycle of itself. The folders are still there, I can browse to any track, but when I hit play I get an 'initialising' message and then it goes back to display the root, where you get the 'Asset upnp' name.

Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

coop250
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset and Naim streamer problem

My first guess would be an issue on the Naim player, because the naim player will only have 1 connection to 1 server at anytime. Whereas the UPnP server, could accept 100 new connections for all different tracks, it is like a web server on the Internet.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• coop250
      • May 2014

OK thankyou Spoon - I'll push this back to Naim to address.

Comment

• fencing fan
        • May 2014

coop250,

I don't know if you are on the Naim forum, but many of us are having connection issues with streamers, and UPnP connectivity. When you can't get Asset to play, will the Naim work if you change inputs to iRadio? But I agree that the power cycle approach is often necessary.

Sometimes I can get my Naim to go if I use the remote and press the 'wrench' key to get to some of the unit settings; sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm not sure if I understand Spoon's post above, but I can get nStream to show three UPnP servers at at time. Although, sometimes it shows none at all.

Comment

Working...

]]>