title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Great work, need some setup help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duschlampe
    • May 2014

Great work, need some setup help

Hi Spoon

this is a great project, a upnp / DNLA server just for audio. Are on the 4.1 trial with Win 8.1 since three days.

Since I noted that you are now sitting on the table with Pavel from foobar2000 you are my man to answer a few questions from me, please.

Setup as follows: Yamaha Rx-V473 Media Renderer, foobar2000 with foo_upnp plugin, and asset UPnP. Asset, foobar, media mib all on the same Machine. DMC is enabled in the Yamaha, so that the foobar upnp controller give commands there.

Great sound quality, beter than from CD or my Asus Essence ST soundcard used before.

I tried Twonky before, but that looked insecure. For fun I nmaped my own windows machine from inside my network using Linux, have fun reading: http://pastebin.com/kpTB2UFc

From asset got no replies by the way. Since much is undocumented, how can i securely implement this my my network, it a home grade network and I use stuff like OpenVpn from time to time.
    The other server permaently nonitored the network and created network adapters where they doesn't belong. Incredible!

One thing, since using your product the pause button un the remote as well as in the android app stopped working. Modifiing the volume works, I can change is somewhere and everywhere it gets adjusted instantly. Pressing pause always generates the same error in the logs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pausenlog.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	296853

in the twonky is a xml for my receiver model. Is is selected by default but idea what is does,don't know the context. I attach it for reference maybe you know something to do with it.
    rx v 473.zip

Maybe you can give an overwiew how to set it up correctly, sometimes here and there I have issues. aac a4m does not play at all, but other crazy stuff does like PCM 96khz 24 bits. By the way, what is the maximum limit of data that your server can handle efficiently.
    Once you made me going to get this going efficiently, I'll ask where I can pay for this.

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Great work, need some setup help

Try R4.2 which is in beta, this fixes pause on certain players.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Duschlampe
      • May 2014

Hey, the pause is back in your beta. Confirmed to work.

Now to the other questions, as soon as you fire up a TAP Device both PC and receiver start sending SSDP and NBNS requests to 239.255.255.250 asking "where are you " by broadcasting the uuid. That breaks the playback and has more severe issues proably. How can we handle this?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

TAP potentially breaks connection, it is certainly not standard to use TAP mid playback.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Duschlampe
          • May 2014

Hello Spoon

New Issue: I use Audionet Control Points now, Java and Android. They connect different than the stuff before, the connect to the Renderer, and the renderer acts a control point towards your server and enforces encoding to LCPM for everything.

Thats wrong,it disabled globally. Just for Info, the foo_upnp integrated server works the first time now without that issue.

Maybe an control point specific override setting will do it. Like

"Contol Point A" Ignore "All transcode request"

How do I have to enter this in the settings window?

Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Set the audio to be sent:

'as single'

for each file type on the configuration page.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Duschlampe
              • May 2014

Thanks you, I try this. I have to play around a little bit, the receiver is strange device. As i was sitting in front of Wireshark it became clear that the announcement of capabilities is incomplete. As example, it plays ogg Vorbis. Even in display it is right, but in no xml it is mentioned. No word in the manual, or elsewere.
              By the way, playback does not break anymore when you connect to with a TAP Adapter. Use static IP instead of DHCP was the key. The Windows DNS resolver Cache needs to be flushed for security, done by three vbs Scripts. One executed before connection, one when established, and one restoring the previous state after disconnect. The first script is taken the Ethernet for a brief moment down, thats taken the music to an end. On static IP, you can skip the first script completely since the DHCP server does not annonce DNS. I made just two small batch files, the first execute when connection is established, doing a DNS flush and setting the Ethernet port to 0.0.0.0 . When done, flush DNS again. There is an website about this at dnsleaktest.com , easy explained with tests and downloads. The router got a new firmware that worked wonders. Tracks not skip anymore and less broadcasts in the Lan, on the router is miniupnpd, it helps somehow. It allows broadcast from Lan to WAN, but returning answers from WAN to LAN get dropped completely. But if you block the Lan to WAN, the whole thing breaks. I don't really get my head around of this. The Outgoing Traffic contains info about my LAN, that should stay at home. So the last open thing is the outgoing Traffic on Port 1900. There is a package called minissdpd for this, I do not know yet. Doesn't work for everyone I heard.
              Why is this called upnp by the way? That is Geek stuff if you ask me.

Comment

• Duschlampe
                • May 2014

Now that all is working I got a license but only can only dl 4.1 . But I want to keep my 4,2 beta. How is it done? Thank you.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

R4.2 is not released yet, see the instruction on the R4.2 beta download page to retain registration status.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Duschlampe
                    • May 2014

I got it, have tried that on clean testsetup before. Worked, on production ran the 4.1 and after that the beta. Setting kept, perfect. Thanks for provoding this and you always timely support. I it hard to find good software in that niche. Keep at it!

Comment

Working...

]]>