title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and Stream Magic 6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZorglubNS
    • Feb 2014

Asset and Stream Magic 6

I bought a Stream Magic 6 30 days ago. It has been installed by the seller. It is working pretty fine. It never stopped when I'm listening internet radio. However, trying to listen to ripped CD's, everything is OK for 30 to 45 minutes then it stopped abruptly. The browsing on the i-pad is blocked too, however I am still able to listen to internet radio. The information on the i-pad connexion screen is blocked on the FLAC file, but I can navigate on the Stream magic screen with correct information and I can navigate on the i-pad in the internet radios. I tried to shut off the Stream Magic and then on again, but it doesn't work. After some time (at least 5 minutes) everything is OK and I can continue the listening of the same file. The listening is stopped even if I change the files I am listening to. The bug occurs even when the Stream Magic is the only connected material.

It seems it is a matter of time of streaming.

Asset is installed on a PC with Windows 7. Antivirus is Avast free. The Stream Magic is connected via Wi-Fi. The Router is ASUS RT-N13U. CDs were ripped using dbpoweramp.
    I tried to desactivate the anti-virus without any results.

I tried to obtain support fom Cambridge Audio and the seller without any solutions proposals at present.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset and Stream Magic 6

As a test try disabling the Anti virus, and any anti malware, or phishing software you might have.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ZorglubNS
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      As a test try disabling the Anti virus, and any anti malware, or phishing software you might have.
      Thanks for your answer.

Using informations previously published on the forum I had already disabled the anti-virus without any improvement.

I am not aware of any other anti malware or phishing software on my PC.

Should I try to uninstall/re install Asset ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It would not help (uninstall / reinstall)

How is your network connected? all wired? or wireless? using mains ethernet adaptors?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ZorglubNS
          • Feb 2014

My network is wireless but I am wired via my phone line to internet and the routeurs (ASUS and internet) are wired to the PC.

I find Windows defender as the only other anti-malware software on my PC. I disabled the real time protection without any change: 30 minutes of music, then "stop". I did not try to inactivate the Windows fire wall. I try to change the "sleep" parameters without any change.

Thanks for your ideas.

Comment

• katylied
            • Feb 2014

I will try to connect your StreamMagi 6 using the ethernet cable instead to rely on the wireless.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Normally Wifi is not fast enough to stream lossless 100% of the time.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tartaruga
                • May 2014

I think this is an issue with the Stream Magic 6 device. I tried using Twonky Media server on WD MyBookLive over a wired Ethernet connection. I also tried the same on Ubuntu. All music is flac-encoded. I get the same problem: sometimes the Stream Magic stops playing a track.

Comment

Working...

]]>