title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to play tracks with Asset Control on Computer on which it installed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdawes
    • Mar 2013

Unable to play tracks with Asset Control on Computer on which it installed

I have Asset UPnP and Asset Control installed on my Windows 8 computer. I can use a device which streams all the tracks and playlists but I all the tracks listed in Asset Control are marked out with not allowed symbol (red circle with diagonal lne through it). All the tacks are listed in the various categories but not available. I have restarted Asset UPnP several times that does not make a difference. I have also checked the paths to my music libraries and they are correct. While I can use Windows Media Player but I like the the way Asset Control is designed and would rather work with it. Any ideas.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to play tracks with Asset Control on Computer on which it installed

It means that Asset control cannot find a compatible format with your player (renderer).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rdawes
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      It means that Asset control cannot find a compatible format with your player (renderer).
      My tracks are all MP3s (Lame) and I have not excluded that (or any) format in the Asset UPnP edit screen. My phone and pad can both stream the tracks. The only player I have on my computer is Windows Media Player but that playa MP3s.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Asset Control is a UPnP / DLNA control point. On it's own, it will not play tracks.

It needs a player to play tracks e.g. dBpoweramp Renaissance

So, in your scenario you could have:

UPnP Server as Asset UPnP
        UPnP Control Point as Asset Control
        UPnP Renderer as dBpoweramp Renaissance
        Last edited by mville; March 18, 2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• rdawes
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mville
          Asset Control is a UPnP / DLNA control point. On it's own, it will not play tracks.

It needs a player to play tracks e.g. dBpoweramp Renaissance

So, in your scenario you could have:

UPnP Server as Asset UPnP
          UPnP Control Point as Asset Control
          UPnP Renderer as dBpoweramp Renaissance
          I was unable to find dBpoweramp Renaissance on the illiustrate website - so I downloaded a version from one of the free download sites. Although the download showed that it finished (and that it was already installed when I tried to re-install it), it does not show as an installed program anywhere on Windows 8 system. What now?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Details of how to run it are here:

dBpoweramp Renaissance is a revitalization of dAP (dBpoweramp Audio Player), re-built from the ground up with specific unique goals. Designed to be the most efficient (in terms of memory footprint and resources used) audio player ever designed, featuring: Built in UPnP Renderer: Renaissance enables your PC as a UPnP
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>