title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot install registered version of Asset UPnP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmg6
    • Jan 2013

Cannot install registered version of Asset UPnP

Having purchased a registered copy of Asset UPnp 4.1 the installation on windows 7 will not replace the trial version. The destination folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp. The uninstall repeatedly fails however with the message Error whilst running '\\Asset-UPnPService.exe' and 'AssetRemoveStartItems.exe'. As a result the re-installation is still the trial version. Is there a solution to this issue?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Cannot install registered version of Asset UPnP

Manually delete the dBpoweramp folder, reboot computer and reinstall.

Comment

• cmg6
      • Jan 2013

Following manual deletion and reboot the installer still reports an existing installation and the uninstall repeats the error messages as before. I tried the process again ignoring the uninstall option however I still end up with the trial version.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

Once installed you should be able to uninstall it?

Comment

• cmg6
          • Jan 2013

After a few repeat performances Asset UPnP finally appeared in the list of windows installed programs. I was able to successfully uninstall and reinstall the premium version. Thanks for your help *********.

Comment

Working...

]]>