title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Amazing ios flac player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djmwright
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2010

Amazing ios flac player

If you use Asset and flac files try this on ios devices - Media Connect.
    It sees your server and plays flac files through iPhone and iPod.
    It also downloads flac files to your device (very rapidly) for playback when you're away from the server.
    Really stable and cheap.
    I've been waiting for something like this for ages. It's here and works really well.
    Djmwright
  • RLANE
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2011

Re: Amazing ios flac player

Originally posted by djmwright
    If you use Asset and flac files try this on ios devices - Media Connect.
    It sees your server and plays flac files through iPhone and iPod.
    It also downloads flac files to your device (very rapidly) for playback when you're away from the server.
    Really stable and cheap.
    I've been waiting for something like this for ages. It's here and works really well.
    Djmwright
    While the app has a lot that is very good, there are two glaring deficiencies that for me give it barely 3 stars. For one, it does not allow remote access away from your home network where the DLNA server (Asset in our case) resides. AirPlayer and a few others offer that. Secondly, you cannot build a playlist/queue. I have yet to find a DLNA media player for iOS that I can say has all of the features I would want. I use Media Connect at home and AirPlayer on the road. But I most prefer the Android app, BubbleUPnP, that I have on my Galaxy phone. My next tablet wil ost likely not by from Apple therefore.

Comment

• djmwright
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by RLANE
      While the app has a lot that is very good, there are two glaring deficiencies that for me give it barely 3 stars. For one, it does not allow remote access away from your home network where the DLNA server (Asset in our case) resides. AirPlayer and a few others offer that. Secondly, you cannot build a playlist/queue. I have yet to find a DLNA media player for iOS that I can say has all of the features I would want. I use Media Connect at home and AirPlayer on the road. But I most prefer the Android app, BubbleUPnP, that I have on my Galaxy phone. My next tablet wil ost likely not by from Apple therefore.
      Thanks for that.
      Interesting that Android has something better.

Comment

• nobrain
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by djmwright
        Thanks for that.
        Interesting that Android has something better.
        It is nice / but if you then want to play the music on a hifisystem - then android and others are bit lost. With Apple you just hook up an Airport express and then - in MediaConnect on the iphone - choose airplay :-)

Result: Flac files - played from the NAS - on your HIFI system - without any cables - just a little box and an optical cable. And all this controlled from your iphone without any cables . :smile2:

Comment

• RLANE
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2011

Originally posted by nobrain
          It is nice / but if you then want to play the music on a hifisystem - then android and others are bit lost. With Apple you just hook up an Airport express and then - in MediaConnect on the iphone - choose airplay :-)

Result: Flac files - played from the NAS - on your HIFI system - without any cables - just a little box and an optical cable. And all this controlled from your iphone without any cables . :smile2:
          I can do that with BubbleUPnP/FooBar2000 also.

Comment

• RLANE
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2011

One complaint I have about MediaConnect - the developer(s) already REQUIRE iOS 6 - devices not able to support iOS 6, such as the first generation iPad (which can be as little as 2 years old) either cannot get the app at all, or are permanently stuck with an earlier release because newer updates require iOS 6.

Comment

• RLANE
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • May 2011

Originally posted by RLANE
              One complaint I have about MediaConnect - the developer(s) already REQUIRE iOS 6 - devices not able to support iOS 6, such as the first generation iPad (which can be as little as 2 years old) either cannot get the app at all, or are permanently stuck with an earlier release because newer updates require iOS 6.
              And another very important thing about MediaConnect - it is not multitask friendly, at least on my first genation iPad running iOS 5.
              If you play a track from a list of queued tracks (in Contoller mode) or an album (in Player mode) and you either swith to another app, like perhaps Safari to do some web surfing, or you just hit the center button to essentially minimize MediaConnect so the screen will shutnoff to conserve battery power, MediaConnect will finish playing the track but will not poceed to play the next track. The app is not very smart.
              No apologies. MediaConnect may have enabled younto do some things you really like, but it is hardly an Amazing iOS app. Last time I searched for iOS UPnP/DLNA player/controllers, there were several others out there that have most of these basic features. All required some $$ though, so I elected to pass ince I have BubbleUPnP on my Android pone and, now that it has been announced, plan to buy an 8 inch Galaxy Note (an iPad-mini competitor) as soon as it becomes available.

Comment

Working...

]]>