title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Preventing Windows 7 from going into sleep mode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dppg3
    • Dec 2012

Preventing Windows 7 from going into sleep mode

Hi everybody,

I've the following problem with the asset upnp server.

I currently have a Windows 7 HTPC system und use the PVR function of the Windows Media Center. So the machine will wake up, do it's recordings and go back to sleep after. Furthermore, it will go into S3 sleep mode after 20 minutes of inactivity.

The problem now of course is, that the system will also go into S3 while asset is streaming music file to my A/V reciever...

Is there a way to prevent that?

I have already installed a little programm called Coffee 1.03. It works, loses the settings after a reboot...

Thanks in advance for all your help!

dppg3
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Preventing Windows 7 from going into sleep mode

I am not sure how this can work in the code as naturally we would put the stop for sleep whilst streaming, however in between tracks it would trigger a sleep potentially as we release the sleep lock.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dppg3
      • Dec 2012

But if you would set your time period until the systems goes to S3 to 20 minutes, the sleep lock in between songs would not matter...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

AFAIK we can only set our lock of preventing sleep totally in Windows (our Music Converter does this whilst converting), it is either on or off.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>