title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble getting Asset to recognise WAV files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dominic_f
    • Sep 2012

Trouble getting Asset to recognise WAV files

Hello.

I've just bought a streaming player and I'm trying to find a decent UPnP to run all my music through. I'm running a trial version of Asset UPnP at the moment and it's largely good, but I'm having a problem getting it to see all my files.

I have an iTunes library that contains a whole load of mp3's, back from a time when I just wanted everything to go on an iPod, and I have Asset pointing at the 'My Music' folder for its library (in Win 7, containing the iTunes folder). It lists everything fine when I use the control app for the streaming device to browse for music.

Since I have proper streaming hi-fi now, I thought I'd try ripping a CD into WAV to see how much difference I notice. I used iTunes to rip to the iTunes music folder. However, Asset does not seem to be able to find it and does not list it when I browse the library via the control app.

I've tried moving the WAV folder out of the iTunes folder and it still doesn't list it. I've had Asset rescan the library multiple times (full scan and detect changes). I've tried ripping the CD with several programs. I've even tried pointing Asset directly at the folder containing the WAV files, and it still doesn't list them.

Does Asset require special measures if you have mixed file types? My music streamer supports WAV so that shouldn't be the problem.

Hopefully I'm just being stupid, because otherwise the program is great.

Thanks,
    Dominic.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Trouble getting Asset to recognise WAV files

iTunes would not add any ID Tags to the wave files, so you would not be able to browse by Tags (artist, etc), try Advanced Search >> File & Folder Browsing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>