title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

version 4 issues with WHS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ladug
    • Jun 2012

version 4 issues with WHS

Hello,
    I just upgraded from version 3 to 4 on my HP Media Smart Server lx195.I am using a Samsung BD-C6500 Blu Ray player to stream my music.After upgrade I noticed the Dynamic Browsing option is not showing up in the menu.On further inspection I find on the server under "Installed Add-Ins" tab Asset version 4 and Version 3 under the "Available Add-Ins" tab.This is what I would expect since I loaded the new version over the old registered version as per instructions.Yet when I look in Assets Dashboard Version Release 3 shows up at the top heading.Is there something I missed, tried to reinstall with the same results .
    Also are there any tutorials available? I would like to know to add a custom playlist to the file tree.

Thanks in Advance
    Doug
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: version 4 issues with WHS

You have to delete the old v3 installer, then it will not appear in available add-ins (under software).

I have a feeling you still have parts of v3 installed, you are best to uninstall v4, restart WHS then reinstall v4.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ladug
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      You have to delete the old v3 installer, then it will not appear in available add-ins (under software).

I have a feeling you still have parts of v3 installed, you are best to uninstall v4, restart WHS then reinstall v4.
      Thanks Spoon that did the trick. I now have Dynamic Browsing.
      Is there a way to make a large Playlist(400 songs) without manualy selecting each song?

Doug

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What do you mean by manually selecting each song
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ladug
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
          What do you mean by manually selecting each song
          Using my Samsung C 6500 Blu ray player the user interface that shows up on my tv when I am in " playlist/jukebox track selection my only option is to use the yellow(c) button on my remote to select a track.There is no select all. Obviously this would take some time for a 400 song list. So is there a way using a word processor or possibly software to compile a playlist and import it into Asset?If these questions seem basic forgive me I'm new to this playlist thing.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

This is specific to your player, rather than Asset (the player is providing the interface for selecting, not Asset).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>