title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset, Asset Control and uplayer help/ feedback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D.M.1059
    • Apr 2011

Asset, Asset Control and uplayer help/ feedback

What a great concept these things are!!

I was so excited to get going with this.

Plugplay could never find Asset. It just refused to do so.

Kinsky worked right off the bat. So did asset control.

But is this a upnp but the control was pretty poor with both Kinsky and Asset control.

For instance volume on Kinsky was laughable. I wore out my finger doing donuts on that screen to get the volume to go up or down even by 1. No way that would be practical to use.

Asset control was much better on the volume but had other issues. There were songs you could see but simply couldnt get to. They were at the bottom and you could go all the way to the bottom and there were at least 5 songs that were lower than the bottom. You could fight it and get it to go lower and show you the songs, but you couldnt click on them. Kinsky didnt have that issue.

Both though were just strange. If you are browsing music and click on something the thing should PLAY. To get that kind of experience you had to hold down on the screen and finally get a "Play Now" option. And while I was so excited to see the "play album" option in Asset Control I was disappointed when it just added songs to the playlist. Great!! Not even close to what I needed. If it says "play album" it should do that and not add it to some play list. Is there a way to skip the playlist thing? Seriously if I am listening to music I am listening and not building a play list. There has to be some setting to get it to work like most music players that I am just missing.

It could be user error but I dont think so. If anyone has some info that might help that would be great.

Also I could never tell if it was outputting waspi. It seemed to take the command code but never any indication.

Anyhow it doesnt seem fully baked for real world usage.
  • D.M.1059
    • Apr 2011

Re: Asset, Asset Control and uplayer help/ feedback

Got it to work better with elyric instead of kinsky.

I guess I dont get upnp.

Why not just play what you click on? Some times I press and press and nothing happens. I guess it gets added to the que??

And if you click "play all" under the album you would think it would play it right?? Why bring up another screen with "Shuffle now, Play now, Play next, add to queue, etc"

How do I get this stuff to work like a player. In foobar you click on something and it plays. What gives?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Asset, Asset Control and uplayer help/ feedback

Everything is added to a playlist on the right, from there they are played.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>