title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset on WHS2011 without PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woffen
    • Apr 2012

Asset on WHS2011 without PC

Hi,

I don't have a PC so I can't follow the install instructions. I have a Macbook Pro though, can I install AssetUPNP through it somehow? Didn't find anything similar in the old threads.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset on WHS2011 without PC

You can, you just need the Microsoft remote desktop program for the MAC, this will allow you to connect to the WHS machine, then you can run the install directly from the WHS machine.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• woffen
      • Apr 2012

Ok, thank you.

Is that the same as installing the program on the WHS2011 machine just just as you would on a normal Windows 7 machine but just remotely? I haven't got remote desktop to work yet as my router (Airport Extreme) doesn't support UPNP. For now I am using Teamviewer to control the WHS2011 machine which works pretty well and I'm used to it.

I think that last time I tried WHS2011 I just downloaded the Asset UPNP program and installed it. It ran pretty well for the few days I tried it I think. Just wanna make sure I do it the correct way from the beginning.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Remote Desktop does not require UPnP.

Teamviewer would work as well, anything which allows direct access to the WHS desktop.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• woffen
          • Apr 2012

It doesn't require UPnP but I think the setup is automatic if it does support it.

Just to make clear, if I have my WHS2011 machine with a screen, mouse and so on, I can just download the Asset UPnP version for Windows 7 and install it as I would with any Windows machine?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You would download the WHS 2011 version, and install by double clicking the file you have downloaded (from the WHS machine).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• woffen
              • Apr 2012

Thank you very much Spoon!

Comment

Working...

]]>