title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Search in V4: differences in Plugplayer and Songbook

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdr
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2008

Search in V4: differences in Plugplayer and Songbook

Hello Spoon

you made a big step forward in introducing uPnP-Search in the V4final.

I know, that this is only the beginning of the development in this area, and only some control-points currently support uPnP-search, but I wanted to share some experience with the search and ask about possible solutions to the way, Songbook and Plugplayer treat the search routine.

Until now, the search-box was working like this:
    you browsed your library, to, say album, and there, to a selection of albums starting with the letter "J". Let's assume, you had a long list of albums with "J". Instead of scrolling the whole list for what you tried to find, in both Plugplayer and Songbook, you could quickly narrow down the list of displayed albums by typing in a few letters of the album - even if they were only parts of the album-name like PAW for "Jazz at the PAWnshop", "PAWlow's Dog Greatest hits" or any album-name containing PAW somewhere.
    The same was working in every section you were in: artists, composer etc. - you were searching the displayed "names" of that very section.

Now, since the introduction of uPnP-search in Asset V4, Songbook still works that way, since it does currently not seem to support uPnP-search.

But Plugplayer seems to support uPnp-search, and that way (correct me, if I am wrong, please) I am unable to narrow down a list of items displayed in the chosen category, but the search-box always searches for artists' names, no matter, which category you are browsing. So, currently, there is no way of "searching" for/narrowing down composer, style etc.
    And, btw.: this uPnP-search needs to exactly match the artist's name in its entirety, otherwise you will not get any results.

My question would be: if songbook or other control-points will support uPnP-search, soon, then how will I be able to narrow down a long list of items in composer, album etc. by excluding non-matching ones with the search-box?

Thanks like always for your continuing efforts to still improve Asset uPnP
    Last edited by dvdr; March 18, 2012, 06:34 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Search in V4: differences in Plugplayer and Songbook

Future updates will add partial matches, plus we will be bringing search along somewhat with our own control points (when we get the chance).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>