title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playback will not start

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webminster
    • Oct 2011

Playback will not start

Have installed Asset v3 on Windows 7 SP1 64bit. Have tried running it in both service and local account mode. I can scan the library, and when I point a Windows 7 Media Center instance at it (Music / Shared), I see the music library, artwork, and can select a track from the list.

But playback never starts, either with an MP3 track or a FLAC file (with Asset set to transcode FLAC to MP3). No error message, it just seems to go into stop mode (or maybe just not start at all).

A second problem I see is, on the machine running Asset (my 64bit WMC machine), if I access the uPNP share, WMC crashes (dialog pops up saying WMC will be restarted).

FYI, this is about 673 albums, 5000 files.
    Any advice on how to debug this? Thanks in advance.
  • webminster
    • Oct 2011

Re: Playback will not start

Another data point, I tried accessing the Asset service using Asset Control. All the browsing works OK, but cannot start playback there either. All the music files have a music note with red bar sinister next to them. What does that mean?

Comment

Working...

]]>