title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error: "Invalid Args (402)" with BubbleUPNP on Android Tab

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smack2211
    • Sep 2011

Error: "Invalid Args (402)" with BubbleUPNP on Android Tab

Hello everybody,

I have the following setup:

WHS v.1 Server with the "onboard" Windows Media Connector as well as the Asset UPNP DLNA Server (as a plugin). I have a Roku Soundbridge connected to the Hi-Fi. My media folder contains as well as mp3 files as a lot of FLAC files.

I have installed BubbleUPNP on a Samsung Tab 10.1V and it runs perfectly when using the WMC server as library and streaming to the soundbridge. This does only work for the mp3 files, as WMC does not render FLAC.

So in order to stream FLAC files I have to connect to the Asset UPNP server as library. Whenever I try to stream a song (any song, not only flac) I receive the following error code in bubbleUPNP:

"Invalid Args; Error (402)"

The strange thing is that the soundbridge itself does connect to the Asset UPNP server and does play FLAC files. So I wonder why it should provoke an error when streaming them from the tablet via BubbleUPNP.

Any ideas? I am a little bit lost here ...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error: "Invalid Args (402)" with BubbleUPNP on Android Tab

Try settings the Asset option to always stream FLAC as LPCM and see if that helps (or mp3 as a test).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smack2211
      • Sep 2011

Thank you, Spoon. I will try that this evening. However it seemed odd that I would receive the error even when trying to stream mp3 files ...

Comment

• smack2211
        • Sep 2011

No, no luck. I get the error always when I choose the asset library. If I take the windows media connector servr the same setup works. Strange ...

Comment

• smack2211
          • Sep 2011

Ok, I have checked some more. AssetUPNP works perfectly with bubbleUPNP when streaming to the local device. However, when I switch to the Soundbridge I get the error mentioned. So it has to have to do something with the connection to the Soundbridge. Interestingly I have tested the Twonky client, which works without any errors along with Asset and the soundbridge.

Am I the only one using this setup: WHS - Roku Soundbridge - Asset UPNP Server - BubbleUPNP client (android) ?

:-)

Comment

Working...

]]>