title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata & Date Added

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knirpslinn
    • May 2011

Metadata & Date Added

Some metadata questions...

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but which metadata does Asset use - ALBUM ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST / ALBUM ARTIST SORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT?

What's the best way to ensure that an artist named Indigo Trio & Michel Edelin shows up under I, M, and E when browsing by Artist / Album?

I could swear I recently browsed my Asset library by Date Added, but for the life of me, I can't remember how. I go between Kinsky and Asset Control. Have I lost my mind? In case this turns out to be a wish list fantasy, it would be great if this were possible. Obviously, it would reset if the database were completely rescanned, but it would be a big help to check on metadata and how ripped cds sound along the way.

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Metadata & Date Added

>I could swear I recently browsed my Asset library by Date Added,

Playlists >> [New Albums]

>but which metadata does Asset use - ALBUM ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST / ALBUM ARTIST SORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT?

It can use ALBUM ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST, or Ensemble

but only Album Artist Sort

To get in 3 locations, you cannot do that, you can get in 2 with the setting display in sort location + unsorted.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• knirpslinn
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      >I could swear I recently browsed my Asset library by Date Added,

Playlists >> [New Albums]

>but which metadata does Asset use - ALBUM ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST / ALBUM ARTIST SORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT?

It can use ALBUM ARTIST or ALBUMARTIST, or Ensemble

but only Album Artist Sort

To get in 3 locations, you cannot do that, you can get in 2 with the setting display in sort location + unsorted.
      Thanks for the quick response.

I hate to ask, but what is the best way to tag a listing where the artist is, "Indigo Trio & Michel Edelin" so it will appear in two places. Please be specific as I've never been able to figure it out and I've got a number of similarly named artists to tag.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As two seperate artists:

Indigo Trio; Michel Edelin
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>